View Poll Results: Which Radio Do You Use?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pandora

84 66.67%
  • Slacker

41 32.54%
  • Other (post name)

1 0.79%
    I personaly have pandora and dont really have any problems with it. But im not sure whether its better than slacker. What do you guys think? Is one better than the other?
    08-28-09 05:31 PM
    Pandora is definitely better than slacker. It buffers very fast. Slacker skips all the time. I have used both on the curve and my tour.
    08-29-09 06:28 PM
    I use "neither"!
    08-29-09 06:29 PM
    Pandora is much better.
    08-29-09 06:36 PM
    I am a big fan of slacker. Has all of the new music that I like and is very easy to use.
    08-29-09 07:52 PM
    I prefer Pandora
    08-29-09 07:53 PM
    I prefer Slacker. It just seems to have a bigger selection of music.
    08-29-09 07:55 PM
    I haven't tried Pandora yet. I really like slacker but I'm considering trying out Pandora.
    08-29-09 08:15 PM
    i use neither...does slacker cost money!?
    08-29-09 08:16 PM
    Slacker by far.

with slacker you can catch up to 25 stations and can listen to the songs even when the radio signal is turned off.
    08-29-09 08:17 PM
    My 2 cents... I use pandora. I used slacker on my curve and had nothing but problems...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 08:22 PM
    Slacker for me. I plug my berry into the aux in my Jeep every day and listen to it. The sound quality is awesome. I heard that Pandora broadcasts in mono and Slacker in stereo? I prefer Slacker for station quality, quantity, and sound.

08-29-09 08:52 PM
    Both Pandora and Slacker broadcast in stereo. What I don't like about Slacker is the skips/pauses. What I don't like about Pandora is their inability to normalize volume, in that one song will be quiet so I have to turn up the volume and the very next might be so loud that my ears feel like they're going to bleed.
    While Slacker has a better selection of stations and songs, Pandora is far more reliable.
    08-30-09 03:11 PM
    I use both. Slacker has a bigger selection for me. On Pandora I get more replays of the same songs.
    08-30-09 03:18 PM
    Yeah I had the same problem with my slacker radio skipping and freezing at first I couldn't get pandora to work on my 8320 got it working but unless I'm in an area with full EDGE coverage 5 bars it skips to.I can't find one that doesn't skip.nobex slacker pandora
    I have just kinda giving up and store music on my media card to listen to lol.as far as selection I prefer slacker
    08-30-09 04:10 PM
    Pandora seems to be the better option for me. With Slacker, I get occasional skips (especially within the first 15 seconds of the song). Also, it seems like it locks up if I skip 3-4 songs in a row.
    08-30-09 04:35 PM
    I use them all... Pandora, Slacker, Nobex and FlyCast... each is different in its own way, depending on what I'm in the mood for. Slacker does sometimes drop more than Pandora, but I just chalk that up to coverage more than anything (usually indoors when I use them). All of the apps work fine on my Tour and worked fine on my 8330 Curve, all VZW.

My 2�.
    08-30-09 04:50 PM
    I use slacker because it got pushed to my phone. I have never tried Pandora
    08-30-09 05:04 PM
    I prefer Pandora it is free and you have to pay for slacker. So any of the short comings in Pandora the very fact that it is free makes up for it. Plus if you listen to the free version of Slacker they play commericals.
    08-30-09 05:07 PM
    I have tried both. Pandora seems to be more stable, but I use slacker a lot more. I like the cache feature on slacker because it saves my battery. As previously posted, the selection on slacker is better. Both are free, which is always a bonus. My best advice is to try both and see which you like for yourself.

08-31-09 10:35 AM
    I was a die hard Pandora user and then I started listening to Slacker a week into getting the Tour. I agree that Pandora is more stable than Slacker, but I love Slackers music choices and that you can cache the stations you like.

08-31-09 10:54 AM
    pandora....i listen to mostly dancehall reggae, and its got TONS of that. slacker was ok when it came to that....only thing i dont like about pandora is that lil pop up box....

and slacker is free by the way...ionno wat pplz is talkin about you have to pay for slacker...
    Last edited by SupaBlackB; 08-31-09 at 11:01 AM.
    08-31-09 10:58 AM
    Slacker is definitely a better choice when it comes to music selection and even comedy...sunday mornings I just hit the explicit comedy station and laugh all day. Pandora is ok but Slacker is definitely way better than Pandora. That's just my opinion, but its actually fact...lol.

08-31-09 12:27 PM
    Yeah pandora's ads are popups which is only annoying if I look at it, but if I get a good streak of music I usually don't care

08-31-09 01:21 PM
    Pandora has a better selection of my type of music, and I use it on my PC as well.

Better use either of them up before the RIAA attempts to kill internet radio!
    08-31-09 01:25 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD