Hi Guys/Gals,

Quick question about Pandora. I just installed it and noticed that even though I closed the app, it still shows up in my 'list' when I hold down the menu key to see which apps are running.

Does it always run in the background? Just want to make sure that I don't drain the battery.

TIA
    07-14-10 12:24 PM
    If you are trying to close it with the back arrow or the red key, it will move to the background. To completely shut it down, press the menu key, and then click "Shut down Pandora".
    07-14-10 12:27 PM
    If you are trying to close it with the back arrow or the red key, it will move to the background. To completely shut it down, press the menu key, and then click "Shut down Pandora".
    Ahhh, thanks so much!!
    07-14-10 12:28 PM
    You're welcome! It's definitely a good idea to shut it down completely, as it will use a lot of data and also battery, as you suspected.
    07-14-10 12:31 PM
    Well, according to RIM, "super apps" are supposed to stick around not close down...
    07-14-10 12:32 PM
    But would Pandora qualify as a "super app"? It doesn't integrate with any other BB app, does it?
    07-14-10 12:48 PM
    No, it doesn't integrate with another BB app, at least at this time.

This situation actually applies to all BlackBerries and all apps on a BB, they all have the ability to run apps in the background. Simply pressing the red "end" key does not close out any program on your BB, regardless of what it is. You need to press the menu key, and select "close" to properly close out of all apps. You can also back out of them using the back (escape) key.
    07-14-10 01:48 PM
    True. You must always completely shut down all apps. It does hurt to double check in your apps list to make sure you've done so either. Especially if you notice your battery not lasting as long etc..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 02:11 PM
    although it seems like we've beaten this horse to death, I thought of something else. The free version of Pandora is limited to some number of hours per month. If it is running in the background, that may use your time.
    07-14-10 03:26 PM
    although it seems like we've beaten this horse to death, I thought of something else. The free version of Pandora is limited to some number of hours per month. If it is running in the background, that may use your time.
    Ahh, didn't know that!
    07-14-10 03:36 PM
    Yup only forty hours a week. I listen while I'm at work and that right there is 40 hours a week, so I got the pandora one account...

@ttfmaep, I don't know for a fact, but I would say I'm almost 100% positive they go off of music playing not whether or not the app is open.
    07-14-10 03:39 PM
    Yup only forty hours a week. I listen while I'm at work and that right there is 40 hours a week, so I got the pandora one account...

@ttfmaep, I don't know for a fact, but I would say I'm almost 100% positive they go off of music playing not whether or not the app is open.
    It's 40 hours per month. You may be right about the clock stopping if the music isn't playing. But it makes sense to be sure to shut it down completely to avoid unintentionally using up your time.
    07-14-10 03:49 PM
    40 hours a month is pretty good. Personally I'd never reach this level anyway.
    07-14-10 03:55 PM
    Oops, typo and wrong thinking.. I knew it was 40 a month... not sure why I put 40 a week lol...
    07-14-10 03:56 PM
    Pretty sure that the mobile version doesn't have the 40 hour limit.
    07-14-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD