We've just put out an update to the Pandora BlackBerry app - version 1.1.9. The only change is a fix to a bug introduced in 1.1.8 where the mute button no longer functioned to play/pause the music. This has now been fixed! Sorry for the inconvenience.

It is available immediately by pointing your mobile browser to the Pandora website at http://www.pandora.com and should be available in App World soon.

As usual, our help desk is available for handling any questions or problems you may have at [email protected]
    05-04-11 09:53 AM
    Thanks for the fix!!!!
    05-09-11 04:14 PM
    I am having issues with Pandora pausing at 35 seconds in to a song. It stays paused for about 5-10 seconds and then comes back. It will then pause again at about 1:20 in to the same song. After that it seems to work just fine for the remainder of the song.

I love Pandora but this is getting very annoying to deal wtih. Any suggestions or answers as to why this is happening?
    05-12-11 11:14 AM
    The only reason it would do that is when your phone isn't getting data fast enough over the network. If your phone is WiFi-capable, try connecting to a WiFi network and run Pandora again -- if it runs fine then you've proved that your mobile network isn't providing a sufficient data speed to stream music.
    05-12-11 11:22 AM
    tkoepsel, also make sure that you have it set for normal quality instead of high quality.
    05-12-11 12:41 PM
    I am having the same problem where Pandora pauses at 35 seconds. I find it hard to believe this is a signal/download issue.
    It does not do it every song, it happens on random songs and it does not happen at any other part of the song.
    All other apps work fine and I am able to stream podcasts and radio no problem. Only Pandora has this issue.
    This started with version 1.1.8.
    Prior to this version I was running Pandora and had zero issues.
    This issue occurs regardless of my location or signal strength.
    I have removed Pandora and reinstalled. I even did a complete wipe of my phone. No change.

This is the how it goes:
    At 35 seconds (EXACTLY) a song will pause for approx 5 seconds. It will then resume and then at (exactly) 51seconds the song will start to play out of sync.
    05-25-11 01:41 PM
    Thanks ChuchoBerry - we've heard scattered reports of this problem and we've logged an internal bug report for it. Unfortunately nobody here has been able to reproduce it which makes it difficult to figure out what's going on! Regardless, we'll continue to investigate...
    05-25-11 03:39 PM
    Thanks Marc,
    BTW I am using the Storm 9530 on Verizon.
    Is there any way to install version 1.1.7 on my phone?
    05-25-11 06:51 PM
    Thanks Marc,
    BTW I am using the Storm 9530 on Verizon.
    Is there any way to install version 1.1.7 on my phone?
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we don't archive older builds of the app.
    05-25-11 06:54 PM
    I still have the same problem where a song will play for 35 seconds and then pause for 5-10 seconds. Please find a fix for this soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 08:22 PM
    I still have the same problem where a song will play for 35 seconds and then pause for 5-10 seconds. Please find a fix for this soon.
    We've logged a bug for this internally - if we can reproduce it, then it will get fixed!

Thanks,
    Marc
    06-05-11 11:29 PM
    I am also experiencing the problem where the Pandora song pauses at 35 seconds for approx 8 seconds. At 52 seconds it skips ahead about a half-a-second. Then again it pauses at 1:20 for a second or two. I also frequently get the error "Could not stream music. Please check network availability." It's pretty consistent that both of these problems occur on all the stations I defined myself but not on the two stations that I selected from the list of genre stations. I've experienced this on Pandora v1.1.4 and v1.1.12. This makes me think that Pandora is throttling me for using the free service for so long without upgrading to a paid service.
    03-26-12 09:39 AM
    I guess its safe to say we will never see another update for Pandora
    08-31-12 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD