We've just put out an update to the Pandora BlackBerry app - version 1.1.7. This is a bug fix release only (no new features). See the release notes below for details.

It is available immediately by pointing your mobile browser to the Pandora website at http://www.pandora.com and should be available in App World in the next day or two.

As usual, our help desk is available for handling any questions or problems you may have at [email protected]

Release Notes

Fixes:
    • App no longer polls for Ford Sync Bluetooth system every 10 seconds
    • Logging to the event log has been turned back off
    • BES users with IT Policies preventing Bluetooth SPP connections will no longer receive popup alerts
    02-17-11 01:52 AM
    I do not have a Ford. I'm still using 1.1.5, since my event log was showing Ford Sync in version 1.1.6, and that was slowing down Pandora. Will the Ford Sync still show up in 1.1.7, despite me not having a Ford? If so, I will not upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 02:07 AM
    I do not have a Ford. I'm still using 1.1.5, since my event log was showing Ford Sync in version 1.1.6, and that was slowing down Pandora. Will the Ford Sync still show up in 1.1.7, despite me not having a Ford? If so, I will not upgrade.
    Yes, we've fixed that problem.
    02-17-11 02:12 AM
    Yes, we've fixed that problem.
    Thank you. I'll download the latest version then.

02-17-11 02:18 AM
    I just upgraded to 1.1.7 and am still getting error logs.
    Name: Pandora
    GUID: 6bc622e33074e780
    Time: Feb 19, 2011 21:53:38
    >>> [1026.405] FordSyncBluetoothServer: could not start BTSPP connection, trying again in 10 sec - java.io.IOException (Bluetooth radio is not on) [Thread-1126178816]

02-19-11 09:55 PM
    I just upgraded to 1.1.7 and am still getting error logs.
    Have you tried doing a battery pull?
    02-19-11 09:57 PM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull?
    Yes I have pulled the battery and am still getting errors in the log. Other than that its functioning fine.

02-20-11 10:57 PM
    A while ago, I was listening to Pandora (V1.1.5), jamming along, and I realized there was an upgrade. So I upgraded to V1.1.6, and everything worked well, except I couldn't hear anything. Today I thought, I'll try that again. Still couldn't hear anything. I realized there was yet ANOTHER upgrade. Downloaded it. Everything worked great. Except I still can't hear anything. No, I'm not deaf. I have a Curve8530. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there anyone else who was experiencing this problem, but can now tell me how to fix it? I LOVE Pandora, but this is kind of ridiculous.
    03-02-11 03:33 PM
    A while ago, I was listening to Pandora (V1.1.5), jamming along, and I realized there was an upgrade. So I upgraded to V1.1.6, and everything worked well, except I couldn't hear anything. Today I thought, I'll try that again. Still couldn't hear anything. I realized there was yet ANOTHER upgrade. Downloaded it. Everything worked great. Except I still can't hear anything. No, I'm not deaf. I have a Curve8530. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there anyone else who was experiencing this problem, but can now tell me how to fix it? I LOVE Pandora, but this is kind of ridiculous.
    I assume that you've got your volume in Pandora turned all the way to max. If you then go into options in the menu and go through the items, make sure that Bluetooth is "disabled" and then hit "back" to save the setting.

If you ARE trying to get audio playing through Bluetooth, the Bluetooth setting in "options" should be "enabled" -- but make sure that it's a Bluetooth A2DP capable headset you're using (regular Bluetooth mono earpieces won't work).

Marc
    03-02-11 03:53 PM
    I upgraded to 1.1.7 and after several battery pulls I am still getting the errors and battery drain. I'm going to have to delete Pandora until this is fixed.
    03-02-11 09:40 PM
    I am running the latest version of Pandora (1.1.7) and the album artwork is not displaying.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?
    03-13-11 03:02 PM
    I am running the latest version of Pandora (1.1.7) and the album artwork is not displaying.

Yes, that song/album should have artwork showing. We do load the album art images on a different hostname than the audio, so it's possible that your device firewall is turned on and is filtering out those requests. Can you check to see if your device firewall is enabled and try turning it off to see if it fixes the problem?

Thanks,
    Marc
    03-13-11 06:54 PM
    Yes, that song/album should have artwork showing. We do load the album art images on a different hostname than the audio, so it's possible that your device firewall is turned on and is filtering out those requests. Can you check to see if your device firewall is enabled and try turning it off to see if it fixes the problem?

Thanks,
    Marc
    I have never enabled the firewall.
    03-13-11 06:55 PM
    Interesting - can you try turning off Wi-Fi in "Manage Connections" in case you're connected to a Wi-Fi network that's doing some sort of filtering? Do you see ANY album art at all, or does all of it just show with the blue "no art" image?
    03-13-11 11:52 PM

Hey, props for listening to Megadeth, they rock!
    03-13-11 11:55 PM
    Interesting - can you try turning off Wi-Fi in "Manage Connections" in case you're connected to a Wi-Fi network that's doing some sort of filtering? Do you see ANY album art at all, or does all of it just show with the blue "no art" image?
    I was not using Wi-Fi. I do not see any album art at all, just the blue image.
    03-14-11 12:03 AM
    Just in case it matters, I am on BIS, not BES.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-14-11 12:36 AM
    I updated to 1.1.7 because I was told it would get rid of the atrocious Ford Bluetooth syncing problem. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case as that event is still showing up every 10 seconds in my event log.

Where can I download Pandora 1.1.5?
    03-31-11 10:24 AM
    I updated to 1.1.7 because I was told it would get rid of the atrocious Ford Bluetooth syncing problem. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case as that event is still showing up every 10 seconds in my event log.

Where can I download Pandora 1.1.5?
    Can you be more specific about the problem you're experiencing? Are there system popups, errors, or dialogs? If it's just the entries in the event log you're concerned about, those shouldn't show up in 1.1.7 anymore unless you've interacted with our suport staff and enabled diagnostic logging.
    03-31-11 10:40 AM
    Ever since I updated to 1.1.6 and then just recently 1.1.7, the system has been sluggish and the battery seems to be draining quicker. I found out about the Ford Syncing issues last night and saw that 1.1.7 was supposed to fix that. I updated to 1.1.7 and still see:

Pandora - >>> [random numbers ] FordSyncBlue at 10 second intervals in my Event Log. There are no system pop-ups, errors, or dialogs, rather just that the OS seems to be crawling at times for no apparent reason.
    03-31-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD