I have been using Pandora on my Blackberry tour for the last 5 months with no problems at all. However, yesterday while driving my kids to school and using the quickmix function the ramdon station jumped to a station I didnt create (Very angry and explicit lyrics). I checked my stations and found about 10 rap stations within my stations. By the time I got home all my stations were gone but the rap stations! I changed usernames and passwords multiple times and those stations keep popping up in my list! I emailed pandora and no reply as of yet. I only use Pandora on my Tour, should I be concern with a tour hack or is it a Pandora's issue? What should I do?
    02-11-10 08:59 AM
    I am having the same problem, but not all rap stations, some other ones and it is annoying.
    02-11-10 09:12 AM
    ddeans, I know it's really annoying. Im just concerned with privacy, how are this people able to modify the Station lists. Is there a way to check for virus, malware or spyware on the tour?
    Last edited by lj757; 02-11-10 at 09:24 AM.
    02-11-10 09:21 AM
    I've never noticed that with pandora and i've been using since launch on the bb. I really only listen to rap with explicit lyrics so I probably wouldnt have noticed anyways....
    02-11-10 10:31 AM
    bar1203, the music is not a big deal, what worries me is someones ability to use my account to listen to his/her music while erasing my stations. Im trying to find out how this is happening. I listen to rap, i just do it when i want, not when somebody hacks into my pandora.
    02-11-10 10:35 AM
    bar1203, the music is not a big deal, what worries me is someones ability to use my account to listen to his/her music while erasing my stations. Im trying to find out how this is happening. I listen to rap, i just do it when i want, not when somebody hacks into my pandora.
    I feel you on that. Never had a problems with my stations either. Sorry, I've never experienced or heard of that until now.
    02-11-10 11:19 AM
    Ok, got the reply from Pandora. Great customer service. It seems that a previously swapped Tour (due to trackball) remained in my pandora account. Pandora cleaned all the associated devices and now i have a clean account again.

Here is the reasoning from pandora customer service in regards to devices:

A quirk about the Flash Player (which runs the Pandora music player in your browser) is that Flash Local Storage (where all of your Pandora log-in information is stored) keeps you signed into your account on that particular computer. So if you've ever used Pandora at another location, then you might have remained signed into your account there. This makes it *essential* to sign out whenever you are done listening to Pandora on a shared or potentially shared computer.
    With devices, however, changing the password may not work. An association is made between your account and the device based on the Device ID. If you were not signed out of Pandora, the next user may automatically be signed in to your account. Since the association is based on the device ID, changing the password does not work to remove them.

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices from your account. This will include the one you currently have which means you will need to sign in the next time you open the app. Whoever has been using your account on the other device will be forced out of your account as well. Since they do not have your password, they will not be able to sign into your account.
    02-11-10 04:27 PM
    Makes me think of the Die Hard movie. Terrorist says to Bruce Willis "I want to hear you scream" Bruce's reply "play rap music"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 05:58 PM
    Any one else have issues with it jamming or stalling mid song and in between I hadn't had this issue until I upgraded to new os 175 on curve 8330 and it can't be signal because I can listen to moodio in the exact location without any probs

02-15-10 04:12 PM
    New version is out 1.1.3.2 it allows to control volume from any screen and does not have volume fluctuations like prev version. I don't know about fixing your issue, but try the upgrade

02-15-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD