Hey, Marc!!! When will we have an app for the PlayBook???
    10-07-11 10:45 PM
    Hi jcp007 - no news to report. We'll be sure to announce on the forums if a native client does become available.

Thanks!
    Marc
    10-11-11 02:23 AM
    I would be happy with even having access to it period, since I'm in Canada. I miss my Pandora stations!
    10-12-11 10:22 AM
    Is the native client at least in development?
    10-12-11 06:50 PM
    GO to the website Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music on your playbook there is no need for the app the it plays just find its like a browser psuedo-app(if that is word) all my stations pull up and it plays fine.
    skynny70 likes this.
    10-14-11 08:38 PM
    True but an app would be better as it would jump directly instead of opening the browser and then selecting the link. Slacker has a native app.
    10-15-11 05:45 AM
    PB owners are anxiously awaiting a version for our device.
    11-18-11 09:43 PM
    Hey Marc I emailed Pandora support and got this respond...

Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, that device is not yet supported. Due to the interactive nature of Pandora, we do not stream audio using playlist files like many other online radio/shoutcast streams. As a result, it doesn't work without some additional development on the part of the hardware manufacturer.

The last part (about the hardware) sounds like BS to me, but wanted to know what you thought.
    11-18-11 09:44 PM
    I don't think it's a case of the hardware itself being a problem. But unfortunately until we make an announcement about it, the best I (or our support staff) can do is reply with somewhat generic responses. Sorry!
    11-21-11 11:02 AM
    An ex Pandora user here because of the lack of a functioning solution.

The site works for me unless I actually use it. Changing a station, song, or making a rating and the music stops playing. The only way to hear music again is by closing the web page and restarting.

I'm just glad I waited to renew my subscription until after i got the PlayBook...
    11-21-11 01:30 PM
    The longer that native client takes the more audience is lost. What are the explanations going to be when BBX is on phones and tablets?
    11-21-11 08:13 PM
    Now that PB OS 2 has been released, how much more of a delay will this cause for native client development? Slacker already has a PB app.
    02-26-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD