While playing songs on Pandora, is anyone else having the issue on the 9650 where the song suddenly becomes really LOUD? Hitting the volume down key once or twice brings it back to normal. However, it is extremely disturbing how loud it gets, especially if I'm not at my desk to correct it right away.

I saw this was an issue on the Storm at some point but it was addressed. I'm running the latest version of Pandora.
    09-14-10 02:40 PM
    It's pandora's lack of volume equalization and when I contacted them they had no plans to ever change it...

Some songs are twice the volume or more of previous songs...

It really sucks, one thing that Pandora is much worse at compared to slacker.
    09-14-10 03:27 PM
    Doesn't seem to be a normalization issue because if I hit the volume down key, it returns to normal volume. The song that follows seems fine without adjustment.
    09-15-10 08:17 AM
    I have noticed myself that on Pandora some songs are louder than others.
    09-15-10 09:04 AM
    When people record songs, they all do it at different levels. So you need to talk to most of the artists that record the songs.
    09-15-10 09:09 AM
    My problem is not with normalization (where some songs are quieter or louder than others), rather it is with the Pandora app blowing the volume way up to an ear splitting volume randomly for one song. You have to skip the song to get rid of the excessive volume. I didn't have this issue on Windows Mobile.
    09-15-10 09:24 AM
    Oh, I gotcha. I have never had that problem and I use that app every single day. Sorry no help here.
    09-15-10 09:40 AM
    I think the problem is, even if you fix that issue, the volume equalization is still a huge, huge problem...

I literally encounter songs that are 2x-3x louder or quieter than another and it happens often enough..

Could be an OS revision issue though
    09-15-10 02:35 PM
    this has been a problem on the storm for the past year+. just today, I was playing pandora and a song started up at blasting levels. the previous song had been playing at a low volume. pandora and RIM have had a long time to fix the issue, but it doesn't seem as if they can/will.
    09-15-10 02:56 PM
    Kinda doubt this is a RIM problem to fix if it's only happening on Pandora...
    09-15-10 04:39 PM
    I've noticed that if I plug in the data cable to sync first and also plug in the headphone cable BEFORE launching Pandora app, the issue seems resolved.
    11-30-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD