Last week with my 1st phone slacker radio was locking it up so the camera would not work. I got a new phone last thursday because the speaker in teh ear piece was busted. Well I did not re-load with Slacker instead I downloaded Pandora. All has been good until today. Now my friggin camera won't work, same error message, to many applications running. so what is the problem with the Tour and streaming music? I re-boot the phone and all is okay for a little while then it knocks my camera out. How can you monitor what apps are running on this thing?
    10-19-09 05:43 PM
    hold down the blackberry button and it shows all the apps that r open just go to them and hit the blackberry button and go to close if u just hit end or the back button they stay on
    10-19-09 09:27 PM
    also with os 5.0 when i play pandora it always stops playing by the last 20 or so seconds on every song i have to pause and hit play again for it to continue
    10-19-09 09:27 PM
    hold down the blackberry button and it shows all the apps that r open just go to them and hit the blackberry button and go to close if u just hit end or the back button they stay on
    Not sure I follow what you are saying? I hold down my blackberry button and the popup with 5 choices comes up blackberry messenger, messages, home, browser or phone. There is not a function to close any of those by hitting the blackberry button again.
    10-20-09 06:40 AM
    also with os 5.0 when i play pandora it always stops playing by the last 20 or so seconds on every song i have to pause and hit play again for it to continue
    I get a record skip sound at about the 8~10 second point on just about every song.
    10-20-09 06:41 AM
    Not sure I follow what you are saying? I hold down my blackberry button and the popup with 5 choices comes up blackberry messenger, messages, home, browser or phone. There is not a function to close any of those by hitting the blackberry button again.
    Those are the mandatory 5 apps running. You can never close them.

As for your camera locking up...I'm only aware of Slacker doing this. I have both Slacker and Pandora installed, but I only use Pandora. My camera hasn't locked up on me ever since I stopped using Slacker.
    10-20-09 07:02 AM
    Those are the mandatory 5 apps running. You can never close them.

As for your camera locking up...I'm only aware of Slacker doing this. I have both Slacker and Pandora installed, but I only use Pandora. My camera hasn't locked up on me ever since I stopped using Slacker.
    Yes that is why I did not even load slacker on my new phone. I had way to much trouble with the old phone and slacker. Pandora worked fine last week and yesterday until I went for my camera function after work, got the dreaded "to many apps running close one". I rebooted the phone because I ddi not know how to check which apps were running then. I do now and will monitor it today. I was on the internet while Pandora was running and sending emails all at the same time so maybe multitasking with streaming music is not good.
    10-20-09 07:14 AM
    I have had the Slacker Camera issue. Wondered what that was about. Sadly Pandora lack depth in the music. So when I am going over my cars stereo it is lacking bass. Good highs.

I have not used Pandora in about two months though. Any changes in it?
    10-20-09 08:53 AM
    I have had the Slacker Camera issue. Wondered what that was about. Sadly Pandora lack depth in the music. So when I am going over my cars stereo it is lacking bass. Good highs.

I have not used Pandora in about two months though. Any changes in it?
    No changes to Pandora that I can tell. I agree slacker sounded better. You do have the high quality option clicked on Pandora don't you? Made it a little better.
    10-20-09 10:07 AM
    No changes to Pandora that I can tell. I agree slacker sounded better. You do have the high quality option clicked on Pandora don't you? Made it a little better.

I would like to think I would have. To be sure I will DL it again today and when I go get my boys from school, I will test it out. Get their open minded opinions as well. LOL

Will report back on my sound findings.
    10-20-09 10:34 AM
    Thanks Milly, now tell me what the secret to your abs and arms are?
    10-20-09 10:40 AM
    I would like to think I would have. To be sure I will DL it again today and when I go get my boys from school, I will test it out. Get their open minded opinions as well. LOL

Will report back on my sound findings.
    It is located under "options" once you get in pandora. Push the blackberry button to reveal options.
    10-20-09 11:23 AM
    If you use Slacker enough it will lock up your camera. Even if you go through and close every application you can close, the camera won't come back until you pull out the battery. I consider this a fairly serious issue as it could be due to more wonderful memory leaks.

= \

I hope the Pandora thing was a freak occurance and this does only happen to Slacker.

marco
    10-20-09 12:06 PM
    It is located under "options" once you get in pandora. Push the blackberry button to reveal options.

Ok went back loaded Pandora. Findings.

Pandora

Highs: Good
    Mid Highs: Good
    Mids: Slight Distortion
    Mid Lows: Ok
    Lows: Ok at best, but no deep bass at all

Slacker

Highs: Ok at best
    Mid highs: Ok, with a little voice distortion on some songs
    Mids: Ok to Good
    Mid Lows: Good
    Lows: Good and has deep bass

I prefer some fill aka bass in my music. I will give these a go on more out puts to get a better opinion.

As of now, if you want bass and fill go Slacker. Pandora seems to feed the music you like if you use the ratings. I like that. The lack of low end kills it for me.

On some small system with no bass, Pandora will shine. Like a headphone set, boom box, internal speakers.

On a system Slacker will shine.

Both are great and truly after some thought, I will be using both. These two compete we the consumer win! SUPPORT BOTH!!!!!
    Last edited by Dr.Boost; 10-20-09 at 12:49 PM.
    10-20-09 12:45 PM
    I get a record skip sound at about the 8~10 second point on just about every song.
    So do I... it's very annoying. I'm going to continue reading on this thread to see if someone posted a fix.
    10-20-09 01:39 PM
    I found the app that is giving the error. Blackberry Messenger!! Seems after listening to Pandora for a while then shutting it down the app that corupts the camera is Blackberry messenger. I hold the blackberry button down to get the 5 apps to show. I open blackberry messenger then close it and the camera works right afterward. So what is causing this? Communication between Pandora/slacker and blackberry messenger? I don't even use blackberry messenger. How can I kill it off or completely shut it off. It will come back unless I reboot to clear everything.
    10-20-09 03:22 PM
    I had similar problems with both Slacker and Pandora...but 3x as many problems with Slacker.

After deleting & reinstalling the 'latest' versions of both, it didn't make any difference.

The resolution is you either wait until RIM/Carrier figure out the issue. Several people i know use the same device purchased from the same store with no avail.

I did notice the last day before I returned my Tour (VZW worry-free guarantee) that when pluggin in the BB provided headset that there is a minor snap & crackle when rotating the headset jack 1/4 turn. I don't know if this confuses the player as to whether or not there is a headset attached.

Either way, after doing the following:

--battery pulling (about 3 a day)
    --blanking out the phone & reinstalling everything
    --scheduling memory cleaning (which does almost nothing anyway)
    --replacing the phone with a shiny new one
    --speaking with tech support for 45 mins from a landline & working their mojo
    --speaking about an hour total in-store witha VZW tech

I ended up being forced to return the device. I miss the browser, miss the screen resolution, but my old curve has 22 days left on it's contract with smAlltel & I'll probably ditch the BB format for the next couple of years.

All the recommended fixes are not seeming to work. What's crazy is that it's intermittent--meaning not every customer has this problem. Yet, no one is having this level of difficulty.

After 13 years of mobile devices, I'm perplexed as to why. This was my 3rd BB & I was more pissed about returning the phone than the problems. I want my CrackBerry...but I don't want stare at a white screen with clock in the middle for 10 minutes 3x a day.

Hopefully someone at RIM will respond...Verizon is clueless.
    10-20-09 05:17 PM
    Very frustrating indeed. A co-worker has a Bold with At&T and he does not have any of these issues, must be a verizon problem. I hate it because I work in cubicle world and I really need music to drown out the background chatter. I have been enjoying slacker and Pandora even with the issues.
    10-20-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD