I am new to using a Blackberry and to using an online forum. I downloaded Pandora 1.1.1 and rebooted the phone. When I open the App I just get a gray screen that says Pandora at the top. If I leave it long enoungh I get the error message "bad dns address while checking licensing" How do I fix this?
    09-24-09 05:05 PM
    Check thread: "Pandora on an Unlocked Rogers Bold?"
    09-24-09 06:28 PM
    what is "unblocked rogers bold"?
    09-24-09 07:14 PM
    I mean Unlocked rogers bold
    09-24-09 07:16 PM
    I am new to using a Blackberry and to using an online forum. I downloaded Pandora 1.1.1 and rebooted the phone. When I open the App I just get a gray screen that says Pandora at the top. If I leave it long enoungh I get the error message "bad dns address while checking licensing" How do I fix this?
    I was having the same problems and COULD NOT find an answer on the internets...until I finally found this in another forum and it was VERY helpful. Just wanted to share happy listening. LOVE Pandora on my BBY:

LuvMyBBPearl
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 9700 (Bold)
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    PIN: K & Hello Kitty ♥

I was having the same problem and went through a number of solutions including. I reinstalled, made sure the firewall is turned off, give Pandora full permissions, tried turning off wifi and downloading OTA to install, removed my media card, checked my network settings, wiped my BB and did a fresh OS install, and even went to T-mobile directly to see if something is wromg with my BB. They verified I have the most up to date OS and even showed me a 8320 sitting right next to mine playing Pandora flawlessly!

After about ten tries and many tweaks to try and make it work I was a little frustrated. I really want Pandora to work as I have my favorite stations on there and Slacker is a little boggy on my curve. I just got a reply from a Pandora tech and he suggested this

First, clear the APN:

1. Launch Pandora, and bring up the Diagnostics screen by holding down the "ALT" key and pressing the "SPACE" bar 4 times. Select the "Advanced" button and then select "Clear APN" (or "Reset Pandora" in 1.0.2 or later)
    2. Quit Pandora (hit the Blackberry menu key and choose "Shutdown Pandora").
    3. Download the latest version of the application from Pandora - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music[/url] (reboot if prompted)
    4. Re-launch Pandora

For T-Mobile

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP and enter an APN:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: (Leave this field Blank)
    Password: (Leave this field Blank)

3) Save info
    4) Restart Pandora

If that does not work, please try the following:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com Username: (Leave this field Blank)

3) Save info
    4) Restart Pandora

If that does not work, please try the following:

APN: epn.tmobile.com
    Username: (Leave this field Blank)

3) Save info
    4) Restart Pandora

This worked for me! I hope this helps others as well to avoid the frustration and massive waste of time. (It seems the primary issue is that there was no APN set in my blackberry for some reason?)

This post was originally posted by Drnate... I couldnt get the link to work so i had to copy and paste :-D This had pandora working on my BB within 5 mins!!! Yay!!!

I ♥ My Blackberry BOLD!!!
    Pearl 8100 ===> Curve 8320 ===> Curve 8900 ===> Bold 9700
    Last edited by LuvMyBBPearl; 04-22-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: More info.
    01-30-10 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD