Having trouble with Pandora and my World Edition BB (8800 Series).

Pandora appears to work fine and plays through the BB speaker fine, but I am unable to get the output to come out through the headset jack in all situations.

There is no problem when I plug in a headset (not headphones) that I use for handsfree operation.

But when I use a cord to plug it into the AUX jack in my car or stereo at home, I get no pandora output. I can scroll around on the phone and hear that through the speakers of in the car or stereo, but not Pandora.

I have tried uninstalling and redownloading Pandora 3 times.

I have also pulled the battery and booted back up, numerous times.

*note: With the 8800, it is necessary to use a 2.5mm to 1/8" adapter, though this shouldn't matter.

Anybody solve this?

Thanks.
    11-29-09 10:26 PM
    make sure you get an adapter made for the BB. A standard adaptor will not work and give you the sysmptoms you are describineg. the ones sold at Radio Shack will not work with a Blackberry as it is made for jsut headphones not a headphone and microphone. Go to the online store here and by the one made for your deice and all will be well again.
    12-01-09 03:16 PM
    Thanks for your thoughts on this.

While I didn't get my adapter at Radio Shack, I didn't get a BB version... That may be simply it.

Coincidentally, I got wind on the last day of the US Cellular promo for free upgrades and got a Tour later that same day (I asked the question here).

I had Pandora working in the car with the Tour before I even left the parking lot.
    12-02-09 09:29 AM
    as yu can now see each one of these phones are different in its own way. Glad you got it woking to make you happy.
    12-04-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD