Pandora fixed some bugs present in 1.1.3.2

Unfortunately the second time I closed it after installation I get app error 523, forcing a reboot of the phone. (In two months of daily use, I had never gotten that error on previous versions of Pandora)

Load this version with caution! If you decide to try it, please mention if it works well for you or causes you any sort of new issue not present in 1.1.3.2

(I've emailed Pandora about the problem)

UPDATE. Since pulling the battery to deal with the 523 error, I've started and shut down Pandora at least 10 times, uneventfully. Here's hoping the 523 error was a one time fluke.

UPDATE:

[From Pandora]

If you are getting error 523, and have already done a battery pull, try this:

Try to reset Pandora in the diagnostic page. To get to the diagnostic page:

1. Launch Pandora.
    2a. On trackball devices, hold down the "ALT" key and press the "SPACE" bar 4 times.
    2b. On touchscreen devices (Storm), bring up a SureType virtual keyboard by going to either the "new user" or "existing user" screen, then hold down the "!?123" key until it locks and press the asterisk key "*" four times. Note: this will only work in portrait mode (not landscape).

Once in the diagnostics Page:

1. Select "Reset Pandora".
    2. Exit, then restart Pandora.

[Kudos to Pandora for a speedy answer!]
    Last edited by dave1812; 04-19-10 at 12:21 PM.
    04-18-10 11:10 AM
    Thanks for info. I just downloaded it and it seems to be working great. I was having issues with 1.1.3.2 after upgrading to .607. Pandora would load, but it would take several minutes for a song to load and then any subsequent songs would not load. I've opened and closed it several times and have not had any errors messages.
    04-18-10 01:08 PM
    cool. I've run it a few more times since I posted, and so far it's working ok.
    04-18-10 02:33 PM
    So far no issues running Pandora 1.1.3.3, I have been using it since I first saw the update was available.
    04-18-10 03:11 PM
    i got the same app error but it rebooted and worked fine after that
    04-18-10 04:45 PM
    i got the same app error but it rebooted and worked fine after that
    ah--same thing as what happened to mine. interesting. I wonder why that happens when the act of installing causes the phone to reboot in order to delete the older version. oh well, if it doesn't occur again, I'll be a happy camper because Pandora is my "number 1" app.
    04-18-10 06:09 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 06:11 PM
    No problems here. After upgrading to the new OS I had some problems but this version of Pandora has seemed to fix the issues. Kudos to Pandora for their prompt upgrade.

04-19-10 06:10 AM
    I've been running 1.1.3.3 since last week. No problems.
    04-19-10 11:39 AM
    awesome. and I've not had a repeat of the 523 error, which is a real "pisser" as it requires a batt pull.
    04-19-10 11:56 AM
    Anyone having this problem needs to read
    this thread about fixing it
    Last edited by Bulldawg; 04-19-10 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Links don't work in quick reply mode, I guess.
    04-19-10 12:11 PM
    Anyone having this problem needs to read
    this thread about fixing it
    oops, I forgot to include the fix on this thread. DUH! will add it to the first post.
    04-19-10 12:19 PM
    hey i was lookin into buying the upgrade for pandora but $36 is a bit to much. so i noticed it's suppost to be "add free" but what about unlimited skips? thats way more important to me.. i could care less about adds i don't even look at it i just press the next track button on top of my 8530... until i reached the max 6.. then have to switch artists.. so does anyone know if it includes unlimited skips ?
    04-19-10 12:30 PM
    hey i was lookin into buying the upgrade for pandora but $36 is a bit to much. so i noticed it's suppost to be "add free" but what about unlimited skips? thats way more important to me.. i could care less about adds i don't even look at it i just press the next track button on top of my 8530... until i reached the max 6.. then have to switch artists.. so does anyone know if it includes unlimited skips ?
    I have a year's sub to Pandora for the better fidelity while playing on my PC, but the skips remain at 6 per hour per station. to get around that, just swap stations, rather than hitting skip. then go back to the station u primarily want to listen to.
    04-19-10 02:07 PM
    Why haven't I received the alert to update the software?

Where could I get it?
    04-19-10 04:30 PM
    Why haven't I received the alert to update the software?

Where could I get it?
    pandora.com on your phone's browser. (I forget if u need the browser set to "blackberry" or "firefox". try one and if doesn't give u the option to install, change to the other browser ID, refresh the page, and try again.)
    04-19-10 04:47 PM
    pandora.com on your phone's browser. (I forget if u need the browser set to "blackberry" or "firefox". try one and if doesn't give u the option to install, change to the other browser ID, refresh the page, and try again.)
    Thanks man, I used the BBerry browser and went to the website, it said download now, clicked it, and it just gave me the option to replace the 32 version with the 33 version! Voila!!! Donesky
    04-19-10 05:04 PM
    I stayed with 1.1.2.1

I tried the version after that and it was too buggy. Thankfully, AppWorld had my older version saved and I restored.

I'm too afraid to upgrade. Ever.

04-19-10 05:48 PM
    I stayed with 1.1.2.1

I tried the version after that and it was too buggy. Thankfully, AppWorld had my older version saved and I restored.

I'm too afraid to upgrade. Ever.

I hear ya! I waited for ever and a day before upgrading my Touch because so many people were having issues. Then I got brave one day and installed it and it went in like a charm and everything worked!

Some updates for BB apps do seem to take 1 step forward, and 3 backwards.
    04-19-10 07:34 PM
    I have a quick question on pandora. maybe a bug, maybe a feature, I dont know. I have about 6 stations that I created, however, there are always more created wtih spanish themes. I dont create them, and I always delete them, but they keep coming back.
    04-20-10 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD