I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I've had a Palm PDA forever and use it as my calendar, but I want to convert it so that I can put everything on my blackberry. I'm using a T-Mobile Curve.

I hear that you can sync MS Outlook to the Blackberry, but can that be done with the Palm OS? Or must I first convert my Palm information to MS Outlook, and then load it from there?

Also, I've input a fairly good load of numbers and addresses on my blackberry, and I don't want to lose those, so that's another issue. I want to load the Palm, perhaps through Outlook, but I don't want to override what's on my Blackberry (and vice versa).

So. Any ideas? Anybody done this? With so many Palm users, I would think that this issue does arise...Treo not an option.
    04-24-08 12:22 PM
    I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I've had a Palm PDA forever and use it as my calendar, but I want to convert it so that I can put everything on my blackberry. I'm using a T-Mobile Curve.

I hear that you can sync MS Outlook to the Blackberry, but can that be done with the Palm OS? Or must I first convert my Palm information to MS Outlook, and then load it from there?

Also, I've input a fairly good load of numbers and addresses on my blackberry, and I don't want to lose those, so that's another issue. I want to load the Palm, perhaps through Outlook, but I don't want to override what's on my Blackberry (and vice versa).

So. Any ideas? Anybody done this? With so many Palm users, I would think that this issue does arise...Treo not an option.

I came over from a Treo and all I had to do was sync the Treo to MS Outlook (I had been syncing with Palm Desktop) and then sync my BB Pearl to Outlook. I was careful to make sure when I synced the treo to outlook, that the treo overwrote outlook, and when I synced the BB I made sure that Outlook would overwrite on the BB. It was a very easy process for me, and I hope the same for you.
    04-24-08 12:27 PM
    You can also set it so that the Palm ADDS to Outlook, and the Palm db and Outlook db merge, and make 1 db.

If you sync your BB to Outlook gfirst, then sync your Palm to Outlook, it will prompt you to overwrite or add. Then all you will have to do is sync your BB to Outlook 1 more time, and you will be good to go.
    04-24-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD