Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO BEANS YO!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PageOnce Personal Assistant Premium App on SALE $2.99!!! BB AppWorld

MAAAAAAN I AM SO SIKED!!!!!! Good things come to those who wait!

I was browsing on AppWorld for new apps or sales and I came across a WINNER!!!!

For this week ONLY PageOnce Personal Assistant Premium App has a 70% off SALE!!!! Originally $9.99, its on sale this week for 2.99!!!

For all of those who have tried the Program out, you know that this App is freakin SWEET and to be on sale for 3 bucks... come on, thats a deal too sweet to pass up!!!!

Real men wear Royal Blue and Pure White...
    (And Have a Blackberry TOUR in their Pocket )
    Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
    G.O.M.A.B.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Thumbs up

I jumped on that offer too!
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    216D5525

Is this a good app? is it safe to keep my Credit card and bank info on or password protected? and will it work with Canadian banks/MasterCards and flights? i have the Bold 9700.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69

It's a nice program. I have 2 complaints, you can't EDIT an account on the phone. You have to delete and re-enter it. Also there is no auto refresh of the accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FE229D

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1350 View Post
    Is this a good app? is it safe to keep my Credit card and bank info on or password protected? and will it work with Canadian banks/MasterCards and flights? i have the Bold 9700.
    Theres a free edition, try it out. Its a great concept, but I personally could never get all my accounts to work correctly.
    CrackBerry User

I liked the free version so i couldn't say no to 2.99
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

I bought this too. I had Mobile Minutes Tracker and almost bought that, until I saw Personal Assistant. It's a little laggy but not too bad.

Technically I don't need the paid version since I only have 3 accounts, but since it was on sale, I went for it. Consider it future-proofing. Unfortunately, not all accounts are supported. You can submit a request though. I'm not sure how useful it is to do so, since my request is about 5 days old and as yet still unfulfilled.

Last edited by dchawk81; 01-11-2010 at 03:58 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Nice, i was about to buy this too

Global Posts
    13,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Lightbulb Q & A time!

I do NOT work for Pageonce, but have been using the free version for a year-ish (whenver App World came out) and knew the answers to soem of the questions posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1350 View Post
    I'm in Canada and also have a 9700. It works for me and my Canadian accounts (RBC personal banking & Visa, TD company account, BMO Mastercard, American Express). I just bought the Premium last week when the sale started, so I have not used the flight itinerary feature yet.

You can read in the app write-up about their security features.
    Your banking info is NOT kept on the phone, but on the Pageonce website/server. The worst that can happen if someone got your phone is that they could view your accounts. And if you do lose your device, you can go to Pageonce.com and delete access from that device.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBronx View Post
    It's a nice program. I have 2 complaints, you can't EDIT an account on the phone. You have to delete and re-enter it. Also there is no auto refresh of the accounts.
    The account does auto-refresh every 24 hours, give or take. Again this is not a "push" app, so the updates aren't coming through like Facebook. It's more like App World where the app facilitates your viewing of your accounts. Every account will show when last updated. You can press MENU twice to update an account. (Oh that's OS4.6+, otherwise press MENU and click Refresh Account.)

The no-editing is actually a security feature. After you enter an account, you can never access that account info again, i.e. account number, password, etc. This way a lost device will only yield viewing of your accounts. If you could edit your account, someone else could use the edit function to see at least your account numbers, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by dchawk81 View Post
    I bought this too. I had Mobile Minutes Tracker and almost bought that, until I saw Personal Assistant. It's a little laggy but not too bad.

Unfortunately, not all accounts are supported. You can submit a request though. I'm not sure how useful it is to do so, since my request is about 5 days old and as yet still unfulfilled.
    The lag is due to the security functions being performed, I am told.

Sending a request does not guarantee an account will be made available. I have the feeling that if multiple people make the same request, then they'll look into it. So it's still worth sending the request, but you just have to randomly check every once in a while to see if it was added.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

In other words, it's not for folks who bank locally. Pageonce will only add if it's popular. The chance of a local bank getting many add requests isn't very high.

I use it for twitter, Sprint, and PayPal because that's pretty much all they support in my little world. My local bank isn't supported and isn't likely to be, and I don't use credit cards.

Whether or not I find the itinerary/flight schedule useful is yet to be seen.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

I also don't buy that "lag is due to security" - sure, on startup, but that's hogwash for the lag in scrolling through the menus.

It's a $3 app. I wouldn't pay more than that.

Last edited by dchawk81; 01-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Global Posts
    13,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

I also don't buy that "lag is due to security" - sure, on startup, but that's hogwash for the lag in scrolling through the menus.

It's a $3 app. I wouldn't pay more than that.
    Oh I didn't understand you had lag scrolling through the menus. That is lame. I didn't experience this on my 9630 or my current 9700, both on Telus. I can't remember how it was on my 8330, but I'm sure it was slower...

Global Posts
    13,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

In other words, it's not for folks who bank locally. Pageonce will only add if it's popular. The chance of a local bank getting many add requests isn't very high.

I use it for twitter, Sprint, and PayPal because that's pretty much all they support in my little world. My local bank isn't supported and isn't likely to be, and I don't use credit cards.

Whether or not I find the itinerary/flight schedule useful is yet to be seen.

Hey still worth sending in the requests. Maybe they do get to all of them eventually!

I also track my Air Miles (loyalty points) on there, which I think is cool too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

how come this isn't on sale through mobihand? I'd much rather purchase through there than app world.

Global Posts
    13,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Who knows?

Why does Safeway have Coke on sale when Save-on Foods doesn't?

Same kind of concept, I guess...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

I experience lag when scrolling down my list of accounts etc. It's not horrible, but it's enough to where I would consider it laggy.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Oh I didn't understand you had lag scrolling through the menus. That is lame. I didn't experience this on my 9630 or my current 9700, both on Telus. I can't remember how it was on my 8330, but I'm sure it was slower...
    Yeah I don't know why either. It's laggy in the way the facebook app is laggy. Everything else is smooth.

Like I said, if it wasn't $3, I wouldn't have purchased it. It's too jumpy and doesn't support much of anything. I had Pageonce's Mobile Minutes Tracker and that was good enough for my Sprint account. My bank has a mobile website, as does PayPal. I'm hoping the itinerary/flight schedule redeems it if/when I do another destination wedding. I'm going to compare it with WorldMate if/when that time comes.

Of course, getting rid of the ads was worth the 3 bucks too.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Pageonce

I got this app a while back and so far no problems with it. I did a lil reading and it say your suppose to recieve e mail alerts when the bills are do. How do you activate this feature??

Global Posts
    13,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Thumbs up Version 2.5 released today on App World!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfree1986 View Post
    I got this app a while back and so far no problems with it. I did a lil reading and it say your suppose to recieve e mail alerts when the bills are do. How do you activate this feature??
    I've always received these automatically. At least I don't remember ever enabling this feature, but maybe I did as I've had this for a very long time.

Version 2.5 came out today and now features push notifications instead of the mail alert.
    I have no idea if this is available for all devices, and if it is only for the Premium or for both versions. I'm on a 9700 and received an App World notification earlier today.
    CrackBerry Abuser

LOVIN this app! Ive got my local credit union checking/savings accounts, my 2 main credit cards, my cell phone account, and DirecTV programmed in it.

FLAWLESS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PIN
    .ask me.

i updated to the latest 2.5 version and enabled 'push notification' in the settings/options inside the app but how exactly can you configure it? i've so far had no notifications except for the annoying welcome-message upon every reboot

Global Posts
    13,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

I've started to get the push notifications a little more frequently, but it's spotty at best. And you still get the email too, which I assume means they know their push system needs work.

I think this will improve drastically over the next short while.

CrackBerry User

this app is awesome.
    i mostly use it just for credit cards but its exactly what i need to watch my CCs and bank accounts.
    CrackBerry User

Default A better alternative to Cell Minute Tracker

If your main reason for purchasing Personal Assistant is keeping track of your cell plan minutes, I suggest purchasing a more sophisticated product at the same price: CellPlanTracker. Read about it at cellplantracker dot com.

Personal Assistant's Cell Minute Tracker merely screen scrapes (looks up) minutes posted on your carrier's web site. This information can be up to 24 hours out of date. In contrast, CellPlanTracker runs as a background process and continually counts all your minutes and text messages as they happen. CellPlanTracker also works on many more carriers than Personal Assistant. Because it doesn't screen scrape, there is no need to provide your cell phone billing username and password (hence, it is more secure).

Notably, CellPlanTracker includes many more features. Among others, these include a built-in call log and the ability to email yourself various usage reports.

Please let me know if you have any questions about CellPlanTracker.
    Cell plan monitoring and alert system. Call log that tracks calling to individual phone numbers. cellplantracker.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Pageonce, beware

Pageonce
    I recieved a unsolicited email from Pageonce. I contacted them and let them know that i did not appreciate receiving spam from them. They informed me that it was not spam that in fact i must have gotten in touch with them in the past because they had me email address. I asked them to send me that information. They responded that they deleted my file after reading my email so their was no information to provide to me. They did say they were a legitimate business and have over five million customers and have been in business for the last five years. They also said that I should go to their web site and check them out. I did and this is what I found.
    If anything goes wrong wrong with their system they are not liable for anything.
    If in fact you as a customer decide that Pageonce did something wrong with your information you have to sign an agreement that does not allow you to be compensated. From "Terms of Use Agreement" (TOS)
    "11. REMEDIES OF USER
    Your sole and exclusive remedy for any failure or non-performance of a Service, including any associated software or other materials supplied in connection with a Service, shall be for Pageonce to use commercially reasonable efforts to effectuate an adjustment or repair of the applicable Service. "
    Also and this is the real kicker:
    "7. INDEMNITY
    You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Pageonce from and against all claims, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, and expenses, including attorneys' fees, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, that arise out of or relate, in whole or in part, to your breach of these Terms of Service or any activity by you in relation to the Sites or your use of the Services. "

This means if Pageonce gets in legal trouble for the way they handle your account you are liable to pay for Pageonce legal defense. Their is no upper limit or time period for this. The defense can cost $1,000.00 and las one week or it could add up to $100,000.00's at last for years. All the time you will have to pay the legal fees with no say on anything.
    I know this sounds unrealistic but it is in their TOS. Go to their web site and read it for yourself.
    Their is more in their TOS that makes this company a very risky company to do business with. Do not take my word for it, read their own TOS.