I am not sure where to post this so I am going to put it here. Both my husband and I have phones that sync with Outlook. We keep the same Calendar, but our contacts are way different. He has a Samsung i760 and I have a Curve. I have been letting his phone sync with the entire listing of Contacts, and my phone is set to the phone being priority, I dont like this though because I would like to be able to edit my contacts on the computer also. I dont know how to ask this really but I will compare it to iTunes lol. I have our library in iTunes set up so our iPods sync with certain playlists so I dont have to listen to his music and likewise with him. Is their a way to do the same with Outlook contacts? So I can sync back and forth with both phones but limit who gets what? I have Office 2007 if that helps any, I am fairly new to the program. Thanks so much!!
    Michelle
    09-11-08 05:54 PM
    Looks like in the Desktop Manager you can configure it to use a filter when syncing the BB. I clicked on the advanced button next to my contact settings and can now choose filter. Looks like you can filter by any field in Outlook, so I would put all of my contacts into the same category and then set up the filter to find only that category. I haven't done this on the bb but on another smartphone, hope it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 09:08 AM
    Any other ideas? I tried making a category, but it wasn't recognized. Maybe I am doing it wrong?

Michelle
    09-15-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD