I've been searching with no success for a very simple app.
    Best way to describe is a memo pad with a password.
    i want to type in all my passwords, ssn's, and various stuff I want to be password protected.
    OK, before any tells me to autolock the BlackBerry or use password keeper, I'll tell you why not.
    I don't want lock the BB all the time. I'd rather just lock down with a password the single file that i want protected. And programs like Password keeper are pre-formated with all kinds of fields that are not customizable.

So think notepad with a password.
    09-25-08 03:43 PM
    DataVault allows you to customize all fields. All you would need to do is add an "item" and use the notes field for misc. info. Or you could name each field as you want. There are "templates" you could use. All of this will export / import to MS Excel too.
    09-25-08 03:51 PM
    Someone asked a similar question about calendars or contacts or tasks... The answer is the same:

You cant. You can password protect the device (so when you lock it you need a password to unlock it).

Unless you pay for a program...
    09-25-08 03:51 PM
    DataVault allows you to customize all fields. All you would need to do is add an "item" and use the notes field for misc. info. Or you could name each field as you want. There are "templates" you could use. All of this will export / import to MS Excel too.
    OK, I'll go check this out. I just paid for minisafe and it works good, except I don't think you can modify the format. So I'm stuck with empty fields everywhere. Thanks for the tip.
    09-25-08 04:00 PM
    No, only the fields that you populate show up. It really is a decent program.
    09-25-08 04:03 PM
    Someone asked a similar question about calendars or contacts or tasks... The answer is the same:

You cant. You can password protect the device (so when you lock it you need a password to unlock it).

Unless you pay for a program...
    Paying for 3rd party applications is totally fine by me. I don't expect RIM, Apple, Nokia, etc to be able to pre-load every app that people need.
    But the BB is limited in that deleopers don't seem to like working in the RIM OS environment. That's why we don't have world class apps like Datebk and Takephone that the Palm Treo has.
    09-25-08 04:04 PM
    I've actually used the BB's Password Keeper the way you seem to suggest. After creating separate entries for a number of items (credit card, debit, Crackberry id/password, I finally just created one entry called Forums and just enter lines of text such as:

Crackberry cb-id, password
    Visa 1 , #, pin or other
    Soc Sec #
    BB forums, id, password
    Tivo forum, id, password
    email1, password
    email2, password
    ebay....
    paypal.....
    etc
    etc

I don't know if there is a length limit but I just keep adding lines and ignore the "form" and just add the data I want.

The only issue is that I do not have a desktop equivalent
    09-26-08 01:41 PM
    I've actually used the BB's Password Keeper the way you seem to suggest. After creating separate entries for a number of items (credit card, debit, Crackberry id/password, I finally just created one entry called Forums and just enter lines of text such as:

Crackberry cb-id, password
    Visa 1 , #, pin or other
    Soc Sec #
    BB forums, id, password
    Tivo forum, id, password
    email1, password
    email2, password
    ebay....
    paypal.....
    etc
    etc

I don't know if there is a length limit but I just keep adding lines and ignore the "form" and just add the data I want.

The only issue is that I do not have a desktop equivalent
    For some reason, I don't have Password Keeper on my BB. I think I'm supposed to. I even wiped out BB and reinstalled everything, and still no PK.
    But anyway, I really need to be able to enter info from the computer, and only view from BB. A lot of pages with a lot of weird symbols that would be really tough on the BB keyboard.

But I'm still trying to figure out what happened to my PK app.
    09-26-08 02:03 PM
    I've been searching with no success for a very simple app.
    Best way to describe is a memo pad with a password.
    i want to type in all my passwords, ssn's, and various stuff I want to be password protected.
    OK, before any tells me to autolock the BlackBerry or use password keeper, I'll tell you why not.
    I don't want lock the BB all the time. I'd rather just lock down with a password the single file that i want protected. And programs like Password keeper are pre-formated with all kinds of fields that are not customizable.

So think notepad with a password.
    This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I use GridMagic (a spreadsheet application) for several financial files. It does allow a separate password for each file. Maybe something like that would work if you just used the fields within the spreadsheet to type in your passwords/login credentials? Since the fields are not pre-formatted, you could format/name them any way you choose.
    Last edited by cathlene1; 09-26-08 at 07:43 PM.
    09-26-08 07:41 PM
    This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I use GridMagic (a spreadsheet application) for several financial files. It does allow a separate password for each file. Maybe something like that would work if you just used the fields within the spreadsheet to type in your password?
    OK, that sounds good. I'll go check that out.
    Can you sync to desktop and enter all the info infrom computer?
    09-26-08 07:44 PM
    There is a new app that just came out called SafeWallet. It has both a BB application and a PC component. All the templates are customizable and you can put the info in on the PC and sync to the blackberry. I helped beta test it and its a pretty nice app. If you search I believe there is a 40% off code for it.

SBSH Releases New SafeWallet Pro | BerryReview.com �
    Last edited by gabbott; 09-26-08 at 08:04 PM.
    09-26-08 08:01 PM
    OK, that sounds good. I'll go check that out.
    Can you sync to desktop and enter all the info infrom computer?
    sorry, I don't know whether you can do that or not.
    09-27-08 06:39 PM
    Ive used both Splash ID and Datavault. I prefer Datavault. It sounds and does exactly what you area looking for. Customizing the fields is easy and you dont have to look at a bunch of empty fields. i use it for logins, ssn, credit card, identification, everything. Its ui is simple and clean looking, all the info is fast to locate. You wont be disappointed.
    09-28-08 12:18 AM
    This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I use GridMagic (a spreadsheet application) for several financial files. It does allow a separate password for each file. Maybe something like that would work if you just used the fields within the spreadsheet to type in your passwords/login credentials? Since the fields are not pre-formatted, you could format/name them any way you choose.
    I just downloaded GridMagic and I have to say that, I'm very impressed. I can't believe that the "Community" version is FREE!! Very Nice.
    09-29-08 08:34 AM
    I just downloaded GridMagic and I have to say that, I'm very impressed. I can't believe that the "Community" version is FREE!! Very Nice.
    I better go try this one too. As long community version doesn't mean I share data with a community.....
    09-29-08 12:21 PM
    I just downloaded GridMagic and it looks really promising so far.
    One question if someone can help out please:
    - Does a new speadsheet need to be created on BlackBerry side? I tried creating one in excel, placed it in the sync folder next to the other spreadsheets, and did a sync. However, it doesn't sync from computer to BlackBerry.

The included Loan Calculator is already worth the download!
    09-29-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD