So I was reinstalling Flixster on my new 9900 and Appworld crashed on me. When I could finally get back in to Appworld, my Flixster app was no longer in 'My World', so I searched for it to reinstall it.

While it comes up in the search results, it doesn't give me the option to install it (like it isn't a compatible app). So, I tried to reset Appworld.

Guess what... The reset command doesn't work in OS7.

Okay, so I do a battery pull. Go back in and still the same issue exists, no option to install Flixster.

Any ideas? It's probably a buggy OS thing which, while not surprising is still disappointing.
    08-11-11 09:59 AM
    go back into appworld, go back into my world, hit menu and then refresh list. it should come back.
    08-11-11 10:15 AM
    I've had issues with App World as well, both when I click on 'download'/'upgrade' and when I click on 'My World'
    Both result in a 'Please Wait..' notice that does NOT go away no matter how long I wait.

I experienced the same issue when I downloaded App World 3.0 from Beta zone, as well.

Deleting and re-installing and battery pulls have done nothing to fix it.
    08-11-11 03:02 PM
    Same issues. Update app world...sit an spin.
    Try to download the rollercoaster app, nothing, sits and spins.
    Is this an OS7 issue?
    08-12-11 04:23 PM
    Same issues. Update app world...sit an spin.
    Try to download the rollercoaster app, nothing, sits and spins.
    Is this an OS7 issue?
    I had the same thing happen to me with my Torch, there was a battery app I was using and I thoroughly enjoyed it but then one day the reset option error came up and I was unable to load it again.
    08-12-11 10:08 PM
    I've been having the same issues except I noticed mine when I was trying to install Wikitude on my 9900 and it just said "please wait" and kept spinning..
    08-15-11 09:47 PM
    Same here. I get the spinning wheel. At first I thought it was on my corporate side at work, thinking they have to do a update. But I wiped my BB and it worked for a bit, and then shut me out again. It has to be an OS 7 issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 05:57 AM
    I think I found the problem.
    Can you guys confirm if you have removed your SIM card since owning the 9900? I have another phone that I swap SIM's with, and when I go back to the BOLD, I have no access to the app world.....weird.
    08-21-11 07:24 AM
    Im having the same issues.... ive been trying to download apps in appworld all night now and it has been saying "please wait' for hours i really wanna try wikitude
    08-24-11 11:29 PM
    I have a Torch 9850 and I can't do a thing with my app world. I get the spinning green wheel with "please wait" when I try to download or upgrade something. I also get this when I attempt to enter My World. I have to pull my battery to exit out of app world. This is making me crazy. There has to be a reason or a fix somewhere. What good id this program if you can't use it.
    09-09-11 11:02 AM
    I have a Torch 9850 and I can't do a thing with my app world. I get the spinning green wheel with "please wait" when I try to download or upgrade something. I also get this when I attempt to enter My World. I have to pull my battery to exit out of app world. This is making me crazy. There has to be a reason or a fix somewhere. What good id this program if you can't use it.
    09-09-11 11:09 AM
    09-09-11 11:15 AM
    Just got a torch 9850. loaded a few apps. and then all of a sudden i can not load anymore. same issues as above. i go into options--> device setting--> blackberry id and it says "Unable to retrieve your blackberry ID account information."

i am still looking at other trouble shooting steps hope this helps someone to fix this issue.

update.
    on verizon and just went back through device activation (*228) did option 1 and now i can get back into appworld- myworld. and able to access blackberry ID.
    Last edited by Bear7079; 09-11-11 at 08:16 AM.
    09-11-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD