I am thinking about upgrading my phone to OS6 as Vodafone UK have released it as an official upgrade.

My question is how do I get on with my apps - are they compatible with OS6? And if so will I need to pay again to redownload them?

I'm thinking principally of:
    * Berryweather
    * Bepopup
    * Berrybuzz
    * Bolt browser.
    * Crackberry wallpaper changer.
    * Meterberry
    * Nobex radio companion.

I'm sure there's probably more but that will do for starters!

Thanks in advice for any help you can give me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 02:56 AM
    you dont need bolt browser as the new webkit browser is good
    02-11-11 03:18 AM
    Ok fair point, thank you. What about the rest of the apps though?

02-11-11 03:21 AM
    No problem with bebuzz as long as It is the newest release any 2.x.x.x release won't work with os 6 and no you shouldn't have to re buy them just log back into appworld with your appworld I'd and re download them

quattrojames likes this.
    02-11-11 03:38 AM
    you dont need bolt browser as the new webkit browser is good
    I'm using Bolt and it works best, sure beats the webkit browser's failure to load large complex pages resulting in "sorry, but this page is too big to load on your device" or "page too large to load" errors.

Keep bolt, as the column view isn't there in OS6's native browser. I recommend it.

quattrojames likes this.
    02-11-11 05:53 AM
    I like Bolt I must say, the OS6 browser would have to be very good indeed to take me away from Bolt.

I'm assuming that all the big name apps like Berryweather etc should be ok then if Bebuzz is.
    02-11-11 12:48 PM
    I like Bolt I must say, the OS6 browser would have to be very good indeed to take me away from Bolt.

I'm assuming that all the big name apps like Berryweather etc should be ok then if Bebuzz is.
    Yes all the 'major' apps work including Berryweather.
    quattrojames likes this.
    02-11-11 01:11 PM
    Thanks Andy, that's great!
    02-11-11 01:35 PM

The volume buttons and pause button doesn't work while using bolt browser.

02-11-11 02:18 PM
    The volume buttons and pause button doesn't work while using bolt browser.
    On OS6 do you mean?
    02-11-11 03:01 PM
    Just a quick update, I successfully updated to OS6 with no issues (I'm wondering if I should have shrunk it first but thats another story).....

All the apps automatically installed themselves on the new OS which I wasn't expecting so I just had to add the license keys which was ok, they all work perfectly except for Berrypopup which doesn't seem to, but I'll look into that more soon.
    02-13-11 05:53 AM
    Great news on the install......
    02-13-11 07:36 AM
    Thanks Andy

From reading on here it seems there's a problem with popup and the 448 upgrade anyway, so I'll see if I can resolve it. Will most likely be stretching my BB abilities though!
    02-13-11 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD