I received the Wireless update this morning. It said it would take about 2 hours, and they weren't kidding. It did take almost 2 hours. But to my surprise, when the process was done the GPS location now works with Google Maps! I wasn't expecting this. Just some minor fixes to improve the trackball or other reported problems.

But it is now locating me within 5 meters.
    09-29-09 11:18 AM
    Did you have to reinstall all your apps & settings after you completed the OTA OS update?
    09-29-09 11:49 AM
    Also...

Are on BES, or BIS?
    09-29-09 11:58 AM
    so this is out for sprint tours? from sprint
    09-29-09 11:58 AM
    Sprint? no updates available when i check i love my google maps, just dont use it coz of that stupid gps glitch or whatever you want to call it.
    09-29-09 11:59 AM
    My GPS on my VZW Tour works from time to time as it likes to.
    09-29-09 12:03 PM
    so this is out for sprint tours? from sprint
    So far, the rumor is that it's only being released for a limited amount of Sprint BES users. Oh well, I'm sure us BIS users will get it soon enough.
    09-29-09 12:05 PM
    So far, the rumor is that it's only being released for a limited amount of Sprint BES users. Oh well, I'm sure us BIS users will get it soon enough.
    And hopefully we can update via OTA. Also, can anyone confirm if OTA updates delete apps/settings...?
    09-29-09 12:59 PM
    I am on BES and I didn't have to reinstall my 3rd party downloaded applications. But I did have reinitialize them, as they acted like this is the first time I had run them. Had to re-input my activation codes and click through any accept/decline initialization screens.

But that was about it. Took a while for my BES to re-activate, but that happened automatically, as well. After it was all said and done and with a final battery pull to make sure everything was "back-to-normal", I ended up with more free RAM then I previously would have with .40.
    09-29-09 01:20 PM
    I am on BIS and last night, when i was backing up my phone, i got a prompt for new update...so i downloaded...I have no idea what da **** it was to be honest. I was hoping it would be device os upgrade but im running 4.7.1.40

What da **** did I upgrade? there were some options for foreign language that i did not down load...also i remember checking the MIME thingy
    09-29-09 01:30 PM
    I am on BIS and last night, when i was backing up my phone, i got a prompt for new update...so i downloaded...I have no idea what da **** it was to be honest. I was hoping it would be device os upgrade but im running 4.7.1.40

What da **** did I upgrade? there were some options for foreign language that i did not down load...also i remember checking the MIME thingy
    I did the same thing and it was just misc. language updates. I have been anxiously clicking the "Check for Updates" button waiting for it to give me good news.
    09-30-09 01:19 PM
    I am on BES and I didn't have to reinstall my 3rd party downloaded applications. But I did have reinitialize them, as they acted like this is the first time I had run them. Had to re-input my activation codes and click through any accept/decline initialization screens.

But that was about it. Took a while for my BES to re-activate, but that happened automatically, as well. After it was all said and done and with a final battery pull to make sure everything was "back-to-normal", I ended up with more free RAM then I previously would have with .40.
    I am on BES too... how were you notified of this?
    09-30-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD