I have been trying to read up on the new Gmail plug-in is OS 5.0 as opposed to 4.7 and how it interacts with Gmail but does it work the same way with Google Apps and mail running through Google Apps. In theory, since it's Gmail, it should but I was wondering if any other users here use Google Apps to handle their mail and if the plug-in works the same way with standard Gmail accounts. I don't have a [email protected] account, only my Google Apps e-mail addresses, so I have nothing to compare it to.

What I have found so far is that I can do a remote search of my account, conversations will stack but I can't view my folder/label structure or put stars on messages. Is this normal? Has anyone else had more success with the plug-in or perhaps less success? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

One thing that I have noticed is that sometimes, when I pull up my running apps, I will see the Gmail plug-in running and other times, it's not there. No matter, I still can't star messages or view my folder structure with or without it running.

BTW, I've done a search through the forums, but my questions weren't answered to the extent that I would like them to be. Hopefully, I can get some good feedback that will help me and hopefully, benefit some others at the same time.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by diavolo770; 10-15-09 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Had to add something else.
    10-15-09 09:26 AM
    The biggest rub for me is that it doesn't sync your gmail account like the gmail app used to do on 4.7 OSs. I have to constantly go through and delete emails I've already moved in browser gmail or labeled which a constant annoyance.

When I bring up the search I only see inbox and I can't see all the labels that I've created. I also don't like the terrible clear icon that they force it to have rather than the email icons that themes reskin or overlay.

If it's supposed to work like an actual email account you have on your BB, then it should sync just like my other accounts do, delete emails when I delete them, etc...

Just my $.02
    10-15-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD