I upgraded to OS 5 a week ago and have really enjoyed it. Problem is, I've lost some functionality. I am with Verizon and frequently use the My Verizon App to check my used minutes and txt messages. Now when I try to open the app, it says "Upgrade" available and asks me to upgrade or cancel. I choose upgrade and nothing happens and it closes. Same thing if I choose cancel. So I removed the app, hoping to reinstall it. Now the problem is I can't find it to reinstall it. I've gone to mobile.vzw.com and it's nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

The other app is Mobile IM which won't even open now. I select it and literally nothing happens. It sort of locks up everything when I select it and I have to push the End key to get back to where I can move around again. I deleted it and reinstalled and no change.

Help!
    10-10-09 08:59 PM
    I have the 8330 from Verizon as well and also enjoy the 5.0 OS.
    Please keep in mind that this OS is not approved yet and is a beta of what should be coming out soon. All issues will be addressed (assuming) and fixed. You can always downgrade back to 4.5

Good Luck
    10-10-09 09:06 PM
    I have the 8330 from Verizon as well and also enjoy the 5.0 OS.
    Please keep in mind that this OS is not approved yet and is a beta of what should be coming out soon. All issues will be addressed (assuming) and fixed. You can always downgrade back to 4.5

Good Luck
    Hey Wuzz Ranger, does your My Verizon app work on 5.0?
    10-10-09 09:19 PM
    Mine dosent work either with .230 you can dial #"something" not sure on all the codes to get the same info. Like #min to check your used mins

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 04:30 AM
    You know;
    I put the 5.0 hybrid on my curve last week or so... It didnt come with BBM at all. When I loaded up BBM5 it showed in applications but I didnt have an icon. I also had some issues of misc type throughout and I ended up downgrading back to 4.5.0.169
    I also noticed this...
    OS 5.0 is a full 30MB bigger than 4.5 OS.
    I ended up with only 28MB of onboard mem left after loading this OS.
    I think it is going to behoove anyone to just wait until Odin/S2 comes out to enjoy OS 5.0
    I indeed wasnt sure I liked how it ran on a curve.
    It was like putting vista on a 5yr old Gateway processor.
    10-12-09 09:52 AM
    Hey Wuzz Ranger, does your My Verizon app work on 5.0?
    I just log into the website on my PC to find out my usage.
    10-12-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD