In an effort to stop people posting individual threads about features and deficiencies of OS 5.0, here is a thread with all the information you need! Hopefully, this will get stickied.

3G Icon Showing Instead of 1XEV (Verizon Only)
    Verizon US customers will notice that their phone will now display 3G instead of 1XEV as connection mode. This is only a cosmetic change and does not affect your service. 3G = 1XEV.

BlackBerry Messenger 5
    BlackBerry Messenger 5 is not compatible with OS 5.0.0.191 and above. There is no possible workaround. Right now, we are waiting on a new BBM5 leak that will include OS 5.0 Compatibility.

Third-Party Applications
    An exhaustive list of applications compatible and incompatible with OS 5.0 is available at this link:
    This link will show you if a said application works in OS 5.0 or not and a workaround if available.

The latest version of Facebook works so make sure you upgrade to the latest version.

A beta version of BerryBuzz is available that works with OS 5.0 (minus reminders). OTA Link

Application icons does not update. This is a known bug with OS 5.0.

Threaded SMS
    Sometime, the thread doesn't open up at the end. You can quickly scroll up to the end by "quick scrolling". Put a finger to the lower right corner of your screen, an other to the top left and hold for a few seconds. Release and you will scroll to the end.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 10-01-09 at 10:09 PM.
    10-01-09 10:01 PM
    Bout time we get one of these. We need a sticky on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 10:11 PM
    Nice wright up and very useful. I hope people actually use it instead of starting useless redundant threads. Probably not but we can dream.
    10-01-09 10:13 PM
    lol... by the end of the day, there will be another post asking for answer to one of these questions. bet on it.
    10-01-09 10:14 PM
    lol... by the end of the day, there will be another post asking for answer to one of these questions. bet on it.
    Hahaha was going to say the exact same thing
    10-01-09 10:20 PM
    If this doesn't get stickied, probably yes...
    10-01-09 10:21 PM
    Nice wright up and very useful. I hope people actually use it instead of starting useless redundant threads. Probably not but we can dream.
    i know, why cant people read, and not be lazy, the finding and fixes thread has about 500 posts of "does bbm 5.0 work?" heh
    10-01-09 10:22 PM
    I'd like to add to the OP by saying that to tell if you have data or not, look for the berry icon after 3G. If you don't see it, you don't have RIM data connectivity.

10-01-09 10:42 PM
    Good thread man

10-01-09 10:46 PM
    Good work...wonder how may people will actually read it though...lol!
    10-01-09 11:30 PM
    10-02-09 02:39 AM
    Nice

10-02-09 03:21 AM
    Thanks so much for the info, that "quick scrolling" tip is awesome and works on everything even menus haha
    Last edited by cheechoz; 10-02-09 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    10-02-09 03:56 AM
    Great post! Definitely worth being Stickied!
    10-02-09 04:50 AM
    add something about the damned app world notification please
    10-02-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for all the time spent on making this list
    10-02-09 09:08 AM
    10-02-09 09:10 AM
    thank you!
    10-02-09 09:55 AM
    In an effort to stop people posting individual threads about features and deficiencies of OS 5.0, here is a thread with all the information you need! Hopefully, this will get stickied.

3G Icon Showing Instead of 1XEV (Verizon Only)
    Verizon US customers will notice that their phone will now display 3G instead of 1XEV as connection mode. This is only a cosmetic change and does not affect your service. 3G = 1XEV.

BlackBerry Messenger 5
    BlackBerry Messenger 5 is not compatible with OS 5.0.0.191 and above. There is no possible workaround. Right now, we are waiting on a new BBM5 leak that will include OS 5.0 Compatibility.

Third-Party Applications
    An exhaustive list of applications compatible and incompatible with OS 5.0 is available at this link:
    This link will show you if a said application works in OS 5.0 or not and a workaround if available.

The latest version of Facebook works so make sure you upgrade to the latest version.

A beta version of BerryBuzz is available that works with OS 5.0 (minus reminders). OTA Link

Application icons does not update. This is a known bug with OS 5.0.

Threaded SMS
    Sometime, the thread doesn't open up at the end. You can quickly scroll up to the end by "quick scrolling". Put a finger to the lower right corner of your screen, an other to the top left and hold for a few seconds. Release and you will scroll to the end.
    Great post

Give this man a Klondike Bar
    10-02-09 03:28 PM
    Great post

Give this man a Klondike Bar
    I'll take that!
    10-02-09 03:54 PM
    Seeing how bad it is now on this forum with the repeated nonsense, just wait until we finally get an official. Its going to be like this 10 fold. Mods won't get any sleep. Lol.

10-02-09 05:47 PM
    Seeing how bad it is now on this forum with the repeated nonsense, just wait until we finally get an official. Its going to be like this 10 fold. Mods won't get any sleep. Lol.

Oh god... Nightmares... I remember then 4.7.0.148 went official...
    10-03-09 12:03 AM
    Nice tip, i didn't know this.

I'd like to add to the OP by saying that to tell if you have data or not, look for the berry icon after 3G. If you don't see it, you don't have RIM data connectivity.

10-03-09 12:53 AM
    can't help but ask, i wonder if theres anyway to get the cosmetic 3G icon on the other CDMA carriers....like Telus :P or is it something on Big Red's network that talks to the OS and tells it to display 3G
    10-18-09 03:01 AM
    i know, why cant people read, and not be lazy, the finding and fixes thread has about 500 posts of "does bbm 5.0 work?" heh
    Agreed, as much as I love coming in here and scouring through the post it gets quite annoying when you see the same question posted 2-3 down from the same one asked already just like when they leaked the executable of .230 and 90% of the threads were the same thing from a week or two earlier.....Hullo People there is a thing called a "SEARCH" button on this site that is quite accurate
    10-18-09 07:15 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD