I like having the battery icon on your home screen to show you what percent of battery you have left. I see a lot of people with this icon. My understanding is that BatteryEx and MeterBerry both do this and wanted to know what the advantage was over the other and would it pay off to just have both if they do different things?

Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 04:29 PM
    hey well i have been using meterberry on my bold 9650 and im lovin it. i have the home icon set to show my memory level which is a pretty cool feature. although you can show it to show your battery level. but i find the memory level is cooler since the battery meter is already on the top ribbon on the homescreen. i dont know to much about the other app but i would def consider meterberry no regrets here.
    07-12-10 05:00 PM
    Thanks for your input. Maybe I will just download both and use the memory level on meterberry and use the battery icon off batteryex and have the best of both worlds.

07-12-10 05:56 PM
    Thanks for your input. Maybe I will just download both and use the memory level on meterberry and use the battery icon off batteryex and have the best of both worlds.

That's what I do. I like being able to monitor my memory. I wish battery ex would do as well. I like have the notification in the banner for bex. It's all a matter of opinion really, and it sounds like you got your mind made up.

07-12-10 07:00 PM
    SystemDash does the battery thing, too. There might be a free trial coming according to the developer.
    07-13-10 06:41 AM
    BatteryEx is free (although there is a paid version) and doesn't have nearly as many features as MeterBerry.

I've been using BatteryEx for a few weeks now and it seems decent. I like being able so see how much battery i have while in the Browser. You can also set the icon title to show the temp/level/voltage. For being free it's not bad.
    07-13-10 09:17 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input.
    I'm going to try both and see what they can do.
    07-13-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD