2 questions. Does anyone know if there is a way to clear the cache? Also, is there a shortcut for "top" and "bottom" of the webpage, like "B" in the native browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 09:49 PM
    There are multiple shortcuts in Opera Mini. Cache, I do not know but the main ones are 2, to scroll up, 4, to the left, 6, right, and 8 down. If you hit the menu button and go all the way down to Shortcuts, it gives you a list of all the shortcuts.
    01-18-10 11:01 PM
    Yep, I know about 2, 4, 6, 8, space, 1 for select/copy/paste, # plus numbers, * plus numbers, *scroll for tabs, ** for fullscreen, holding in the trackball button for pop up menus, and all that.

However, emptying cache and "top" and "bottom" is not published in their list of shortcuts, but there people who seem to know many unpublished shortcuts and tricks. This is what I am looking for. Thanks for trying.

01-18-10 11:19 PM
    Yea I'd like to know this too!
    I'm beginning to think that there isn't one!

01-19-10 12:23 AM
    Opera's speed blows the ever lovin' doors off of the native browser. I think I'm in love. I think that most people who try it and don't like it are turned off by the slow cursor movement, but getting used to page up/down doesn't take very long. Once the developer works out the buggy grid selection and the bugs here and there that occur when trying to paste large bodies of text into a text field, it will be near perfect.

Another really cool thing that Opera does is you can hold in 2/up and 8/space/down, and it scrolls indefinitely, unlike the native browser where you have to keep clicking it for page up/down. This is actually very fast and almost overcomes the inability to click top/bottom, but not quite. I still find myself clicking B or T, knowing that it doesn't work, lol.

I'm just concerned that the cache folder is becoming bloated, and I'd like to find a way to empty it.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-19-10 at 02:53 AM.
    01-19-10 02:51 AM
    The shortcut you're looking for, #3 in version 4.2, does not exist in version 5 beta. This has been reported numerous times in the Opera Mini forums--there's even a poll on it. I too miss it and hope it's brought back.

The clear history option in Opera Mini also clears the cache.
    01-19-10 12:23 PM
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was after.

01-19-10 12:27 PM
    Is there a shortcut key to reload the page?

How about to bring up bookmarks?

Thanks
    01-19-10 03:23 PM

Thanks
    Go into Help. There's an option in there to see all the shortcuts. #5 is bookmarks, I think #0 is reload.

01-19-10 03:30 PM

Thanks
    Reload #0
    Bookmarks #5

Just go into Mini, then Help, then Shortcuts. There are many in there.

01-19-10 03:30 PM
    Woops, I posted right as you did.

01-19-10 03:31 PM
    Thanks to both of you!
    01-19-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD