Ok, so I'm trying to download files larger then 5MB. From my understanding I can use Opera Mini for this. Well, I get all the way to the page that asks "Save/Open." I select save and it takes a loooong time. Then it comes up with "Tunnel Timed Out" and never works. What gives? Is there a setting I need to adjust to be able to download with Opera?

OS 4.5.0.52
    T-Mobile
    08-02-08 07:51 PM
    Have you tried it with the BB browser?
    08-02-08 08:50 PM
    Have you tried it with the BB browser?
    Downloading with the BB browser works fine. But, you can't get anything larger than 5MB through the BB browser.
    08-02-08 08:53 PM
    Ok, so now it goes past the Tunnel Timed Out part. Now I can't save to SD card because it says, "Error Fetching File"... This is infuriating...
    08-03-08 12:17 AM
    Is there some kind of app you can get that will allow you to enter a url of a file to download it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 05:05 AM
    Is there some kind of app you can get that will allow you to enter a url of a file to download it?

This would also work. However, I doubt such an app exists because Opera works, just not for me.

PS: I just thought of something that might help diagnose the issue. Every time I try to connect to the internet with opera I have to allow it via a pop up menu. When I try to download something I have to allow it to access local content every time, every time I go a file deeper even to chose a file. Is there a permission setting somewhere that is too high? I know when I was running 4.2 I just had to tell it once and it was good to go.

Last edited by InsightGoalie; 08-03-08 at 11:19 AM.
    08-03-08 11:14 AM
    Anything on the "error fetching file" problem? This is really annoying. I know more have to have this same issue...

08-17-08 01:03 AM
    Use the opera mini simulator to download the files directly to your computer. Just do a google search. The simulator looks and works exactly like it does on your blackberry and you get the added benefit of faster download speeds.
    09-16-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD