Has anyone downloaded opera mobile for the tour? I haven't been able to.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    07-12-09 04:56 PM
    i did download it. I downloaded version 4.2 so I think you should be able to.
    07-12-09 04:59 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Would you be able to post the steps you took to dl it? I received the text with the link to dl 4.2 but when I go to it there's no where to dl?

Thanks
    07-12-09 05:03 PM
    07-12-09 05:07 PM
    I've got it running now and there is a considerable increase in speed over my curve 8330. I am glad I spent the $$ to upgrade. I'm Very impressed.

Go to mini.opera.com from your Blackberry browser and you download OTA.

Rob

**edit** wckesq beat me to it..haha
    07-12-09 05:08 PM
    how does it work so far? faster than default browser?
    07-12-09 05:08 PM
    I use BOLT browser and find that works great
    07-12-09 05:09 PM
    see.. i went to that link you provided... then i clicked on the green download button from my berry and it brings me to a screen that i can put my cell # in so i can get a text of the link (which is the same one and it just brings me in circles) and the option to download to pc...

what am i missing???
    07-12-09 05:14 PM
    Only problem I have had is with font sizes. Setting it to "small" is at the limit of what I can comfortably read on my phone, and I like small fonts. Medium is way too large though. There needs to be a setting in between.
    07-12-09 05:17 PM
    see.. i went to that link you provided... then i clicked on the green download button from my berry and it brings me to a screen that i can put my cell # in so i can get a text of the link (which is the same one and it just brings me in circles) and the option to download to pc...

what am i missing???
    So you're not getting the SMS from Opera?
    07-12-09 05:18 PM
    i am getting the sms... but it brings me to the same screen.. then i hit the download button and it brings me back to the sms or pc download screen.... circles
    07-12-09 05:19 PM
    how does it work so far? faster than default browser?

I find it much faster than the default. My settings are "medium" graphic quality. Thats all I changed and the Crackberry forums load very fast compared to my old Curve and default browser.
    07-12-09 05:20 PM
    i am getting the sms... but it brings me to the same screen.. then i hit the download button and it brings me back to the sms or pc download screen.... circles
    Weird! Have you tried a battery pull?
    07-12-09 05:20 PM
    yup... driving me crazy.. cant stand the default broswer
    07-12-09 05:21 PM
    when you click the green download button... where does it take you exactly? could you provide that link for me?

thank you
    07-12-09 05:22 PM
    There's not some strange default browser setting somewhere that's prohibiting downloads, is there?

Have you been able to successfully download anything else?
    07-12-09 05:22 PM
    when you click the green download button... where does it take you exactly? could you provide that link for me?

thank you
    It doesn't take you to another page, it's the standard "download" screen; it lists the program at the top, asks if you want to download or cancel, and it also asks if you want to set permissions. So unfortunately it's not a "page" I can direct you to.
    07-12-09 05:24 PM
    i wonder if its a browser setting? maybe its recognizing it as not a mobile site so its not happening? what do you have your default browser to? in general options.. under browser config..what do you have for Browser identification?

thanks for your help so far!
    07-12-09 05:27 PM
    I actually can't find where my browser identification IS. I found browser configuration but it's not changable.

Where are you exactly? Sorry.
    07-12-09 05:30 PM
    the identification is midway down once you click into the configuration.. it can be blackberry, ie, or firefox... also is java on?

ive downloaded mlb.com app..the download thing popped up even though its not working... and i think the same might be happening with twitterberry

annoying!
    07-12-09 05:33 PM
    I'm set to Blackberry... I had Java off...

are you on a laptop right now?
    07-12-09 05:37 PM
    yes im on laptop now with berry in my hand...typing here on laptop
    07-12-09 05:39 PM
    IT WORKED!!! 2nd battery pull!....

thanks so much for your help and very fast responses... i know who to go to with my next problem!

thanks again!
    craig
    07-12-09 05:41 PM
    There HAS to be some setting... Have you tried just going to the Opera page and having an SMS sent to your phone from the laptop? Rather than from the BB browser?

Opera Mini - Download

That's how I just installed it, actually.
    07-12-09 05:41 PM
    Oh, right on!!

That's awesome, great to hear!
    07-12-09 05:42 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD