Anyone else experience where you go to the next page and it keeps loading the same one? Think I need to un-install and then try to re-install? Tried Bolt and seems almost as slow as the stock browser. Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 09:31 PM
    Nope,freezes sometimes. try reinstalling...theres always going to be glitches with a beta release.
    02-26-10 09:39 PM
    Despite all the hype about Opera Mini 5 Beta 2, I've been very unimpressed. I've installed it twice and each time uninstalled and returned to the OEM BB browser. True Opera Mini 5 is very fast. But I have also found it very user unfriendly and definitely not intuitive. The speed dials or fast keys or whatever they are called are impossible. I could never figure out how to save a website to them and when I did it was purely by chance. And I *never* could figure out how to delete a link from the so-called speed dials. Font size was all over the place. The Help menu is a joke and is nothing more than shortcuts and doesn't answer questions at all. I like Bolt Browser a lot more but it is not nearly as fast. So, until something better comes along, I'll stick with the tried and true BB browser.
    02-26-10 09:54 PM
    cursor moves slow and awkward.
    02-26-10 10:02 PM
    For the speed dials, highlight the box you want to work with and hit "1". There you will be able to clear the link or edit the URL.
    02-26-10 10:07 PM
    Yeah there's definitely some annoying things about the browser, but honestly once you get used to it I don't know how you could go back to the BlackBerry browser. One thing that annoyed me for a while was I didn't know how to copy, paste, or select text. You just hold down the track pad for that. And as for the cursor speed, yeah it's annoying, but manageable combined with scrolling using 2, 8, 4, and 6.

I only have a couple complaints, which isn't too bad considering it's a beta. The thing you mentioned about it loading the same page twice, and the cursor not being able to click on certain boxes or links. Sometimes this can be fixed by making the font size bigger, but this is a pain, and there's some boxes that you just can't click, regardless of font size. I really can't wait until the next version is released and hopefully addresses these problems. But tabbed browsing + the speed makes it well worth it.
    02-26-10 10:42 PM
    I think it is the best browser, better than Bolt. Been working great on my Bold 9700 with the latest official OS5 from Zain Jordan.
    02-26-10 10:47 PM
    Don't get me wrong fella's I love this browser, just has a lot of downsides to it, which most are just annoying, but the whole page thing not loading, especially after typing say a long reply on your phone really tests my patience. Writing this from the Bolt browser and seems much more stable, however is almost as slow as the stock browser. If Opera could get the glitches worked out of Mini5 it would be a beast. Time to go dl it again, lol! Thanks for the help!
    02-27-10 07:25 AM
    I have to say that the Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 browser is by far THE best browser for my BlackBerry Bold 9700. I think most of the gripes are coming from not understanding the shortcuts for the browser. The rendering is phenomenal.

@Mycopsycho, to clear a "speed dial", highlight the one you want to clear, press '1' (no need to use the alt key), select clear.

Once you learn the shortcuts, its hands down the best BlackBerry browser.

02-27-10 10:14 AM
    It "would" be the best for me if I could get the pages to load like any other browser, no question! It just don't in my case. Still need to download it again, but thus far Bolt is working just as good, just slower, by a few...granted it is loading up everything in full HTML to where Opera was doing mostly mobile theme, which loads quicker.
    02-27-10 11:02 AM
    When you click on a link elsewhere (like in an email or something), you get the option to Open in Opera Mini but it never works! *sigh*
    02-27-10 11:06 AM
    Yes I've had this problem on the new beta versio and the previous version. I find that once this "same" page keeps lodaing to next click on a different link, then go back and click on the link I want. Seems to help most of the time. If not, I shut down Opera, and re-open. I reinstalled mine several times and its still there. Probably the reason why its still in Beta form.

Despite all the hype about Opera Mini 5 Beta 2, I've been very unimpressed. I've installed it twice and each time uninstalled and returned to the OEM BB browser. True Opera Mini 5 is very fast. But I have also found it very user unfriendly and definitely not intuitive. The speed dials or fast keys or whatever they are called are impossible. I could never figure out how to save a website to them and when I did it was purely by chance. And I *never* could figure out how to delete a link from the so-called speed dials. Font size was all over the place. The Help menu is a joke and is nothing more than shortcuts and doesn't answer questions at all. I like Bolt Browser a lot more but it is not nearly as fast. So, until something better comes along, I'll stick with the tried and true BB browser.
    It took me a long time to figure out the speed dials as well. The way to chage/edit them is to touch AND hold your finger over them. Don't click just touch for maybe 2 seconds. Then a hidden menu will open up asking if you want to delete or edit or add.

You can do the same method of holding your finger in a webpage if you want to select text, etc. Opera Mini 5 Beta is fully "touch" and doesn't require pressing the screen in to "click" like the native balckberry browser/apps need.

Opera 5 is nice and fast, but it still has issues redering webpages like properly like a regular PC browser. Everything is still mushed up when viewing in mobile mode. Change it to non-mobile mode and I'm zoomed too far out.

As an alternative. the updated Bolt Browser v1.7 has gotten a lot better at rendering pages very nice and is almost as fast as Opera. If you're having too many problems try seitching to Bolt. They are both free.
    02-27-10 11:16 AM
    When you click on a link elsewhere (like in an email or something), you get the option to Open in Opera Mini but it never works! *sigh*
    I did find that this is a bug in Opera Mini (OM)...in order for the "Open in Opera Mini" option to work, it has to be closed and not running in the background. A work around for me has been to always close OM.

02-27-10 11:45 AM
    It "would" be the best for me if I could get the pages to load like any other browser, no question! It just don't in my case. Still need to download it again, but thus far Bolt is working just as good, just slower, by a few...granted it is loading up everything in full HTML to where Opera was doing mostly mobile theme, which loads quicker.
    I agree! I just dl Bolt for the 1stx time tonight and was surprised that it ACTUALLY IS slower than what others have said, but too was surprised yet like that it's FULL HTML for the web pages!
    02-27-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD