The opera site doesn't list the Tour 9630, but it does list a "generic" version...

I've Searched here, and there is no definitive answer...

One poster says the Bold version will work on the Tour...

No one has listed the "generic" version as their choice...

What works???

(Thank You!)
    01-15-10 05:52 AM
    I bailed on Opera. While it is fast and has some good features, it took over as default for some applications and it does not display certain types of web medai that the native browser does. and the way you have to shut it down was cumbersome.
    01-15-10 06:46 AM
    I really liked the first beta, it was BEAUTIFUL. But from what I believe, you can use any of the links. I've used the last two, but noticed that if you try to use media, for instance, if you go to youtube and click to play one of the videos, the program freezes and you have to press power to get out of the program. Then you have to wait until it says the program isn't working before deleting it totally and starting over.

I really liked the first one, and LOVE the tabbed browsing, but I HOPE the next beta has TOUR and the rest of the non-touchscreen models in mind and has everything working for them, too.

WCM
    01-15-10 07:23 AM
    I'm running the beta 2 right now from my Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 09:06 AM
    i'm using the beta 2 as well, and it works extremely well for me.

i went to m.opera.com/next. at this page it then says i'm using 9630 as my decive, and it gives me three options. i clicked the third option, "for OS 4.7 and higher"

has been working perfectly and i love it
    01-15-10 09:15 AM
    I am using beta 2 and although it is fast, I can not stand the way this browser scrolls.

Why have they not corrected this????

It is very annoying when trying to click a radio box and it doesn't line up right. If they ever gets this straightened this browser would rock.
    01-15-10 12:58 PM
    Hmm, the beta always jumbled up the text - like it put everything on top of everything else. I could see the text, but I couldn't read any of it. If that makes sense. I deleted it.
    01-15-10 04:11 PM
    I installed Beta 2 to my Tour 9630, and navigated to bbhybrids.net and tried to download Irtehun's latest 9630 hybrid. I do not want to install it, just download it. My PC is on a dial-up and downloading to my Tour should only take 15 - 20 minutes (79MB file)...Others have said that you can get around Verizon's/RIM's 2.3MB cap on the BB browser port by using Opera...

I was able to get to the Hybrids page, log in, and click the download button...Nothing happened...

Tried whatever I could think of (I'm not an Opera user), still nothing...

I uninstalled opera Beta 2.

If it doesn't get around the download cap, I don't need it. The default browser is OK for browsing. I only wanted opera for the downloads.
    01-15-10 05:17 PM
    I am using beta 2 and although it is fast, I can not stand the way this browser scrolls.

Why have they not corrected this????

It is very annoying when trying to click a radio box and it doesn't line up right. If they ever gets this straightened this browser would rock.
    Yea this is the only issue I have come across. Sometime you just can check a box. Oh well, otherwise its flawless. I'm sure it will be corrected when the official version comes out.

01-15-10 06:19 PM
    Is there a copy/paste option? I believe I had beta 2 (Just deleted) and got annoyed that there were no menu options to be found. Couldn't copy paste even the web address... The only advantage I saw was the tabbed browsing, which didn't really do me any good since I couldn't choose to open a link in a new tab...
    03-17-10 12:47 AM
    I had similar problems with the browser taking over the native browser! I didn't like that at all!

03-22-10 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD