Just curious....
    What is the diff between opera mini and the blackberry browser?
    Honestly, I've had people ask adn Ive never thought about it. Never thought much about opera.

Where could I download it on my phone so I can try it out so I'm more informed???

can I dl it ota or do I need to load it from app loader on dtm.
    05-25-09 12:10 PM
    I use Opera Mini. I personally think it is faster than the BB browser. You can download it from your phone by going here
    05-25-09 12:34 PM
    I use bolt its pretty fast alot faster than the default browser. I havent used opera.

Bolt Browser
    05-25-09 12:39 PM
    +1 on Bolt. I like the latest Beta better than Opera Mini.

IMO, Bolt renders the HTML pages much closer to what you would see on your PC display.
    05-25-09 12:41 PM
    Thank you... I will try your suggestions. Its always nice to try some of the popular 3rd pty softwares out there so when they tell me "best effort" it really IS my best effort! LOL
    05-25-09 12:42 PM
    They All do the same basic things. The differences are like Firefox vs IE.

On my last phone I swore by opera mini. When i switched to the 8330, it was 1 of the 1st programs I put on. But after a couple days, I took it off and just stuck with the native browser.

For my use, I didn't see too much improvement over what BB already had and figured that I could just save some memory by only having 1 browser.
    05-25-09 01:58 PM
    I really like bolt. Opera didn't do anything for me. I didn't like how you had to magnify everything on opera. I may have missed an option or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 02:14 PM
    The Opera Mini magnifying problem is the worse. Lls

Might have to try out Bolt since its getting all this positive feedback. Good look everybody.
    05-25-09 02:49 PM
    New to the BB world any help I can get would be great! I don't like OperaMini, how do I delete it? Thanks!
    05-25-09 05:09 PM
    I'm very happy with my Bolt Browser and am tempted to delete Opera.
    05-25-09 06:08 PM
    i like oprea mini myself the nativ browser but i have never tried bolt dont even know where i can get it
    05-25-09 06:31 PM
    definitely hook up with bolt if you can. it is much faster than either opera or that rubbish heap known as the bb browser.
    05-25-09 08:49 PM
    I was kinda mixed in the past on Opera. Dloading Bolt right now to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions.
    05-25-09 09:30 PM
    I recently downloaded Bolt and like it a lot better than Opera Mini. It seems to flow very smoothly. I also like that I don't have to magnify!
    05-25-09 09:57 PM
    +1 for Bolt. I tried Opera Mini but it wasn't for me.
    05-25-09 11:00 PM
    New to the BB world any help I can get would be great! I don't like OperaMini, how do I delete it? Thanks!
    Go to OPTIONS, select ADVANCED OPTIONS, then select APPLICATIONS. Once there, look for the application you want to delete and highlight it. Once you highlight it press the menu(Blackberry button) button and choose DELETE.

I hope that clear enough. It's my first time assisting someone. :-)

05-26-09 03:07 AM
    I really like bolt. Opera didn't do anything for me. I didn't like how you had to magnify everything on opera. I may have missed an option or something.

There is an option to solve the magnifying problem in Opera. Just launch Opera, press the menu (Blackberry button) button and select OPTIONS/SETTINGS. Once there, you can check or uncheck that option and Opera will display the pages just like BB browser. I tried Opera but I felt the default browser worked for me.

05-26-09 03:15 AM
    i use bolt and in my opinion it is way better than opera and bb browser
    05-26-09 05:26 AM
    Opera has a clean look but the zooming thing bugs. Bolt looks the most like a "normal" internet experience with the BB being the most stable for me. Bolt has a few glitches on my phone like not being able to download certain files that the BB browser has no problem with and lately, the options menu in Bolt doesn't show up for me.
    05-26-09 09:12 AM
    I just got my bb recently. I tried to access redfin.com from the default and I get a message that the page has to much info to load. I tried opera and it loaded just fine. Only reason I use opera.

05-26-09 10:21 AM
    I put Opera mini on my 8330 right after I got it but didn't care for it either. I use the native BB browser.It works pretty well IF you turn off javascript in the browser settings.I also use Column view.It just makes things easier to see.You can't expect a traditional online experience on a 2" screen.
    05-26-09 11:47 AM
    I use bolt for almost all my browsing, its default view is far nicer than opera which I've now deleted. However both passed the ebay drop down menu test which the BB browser failed miserably.

Bolt is still in development and available from Bolt Browser
    05-26-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD