Hi, newbie here. I tried downloading Opera Mini off their website, and they say they have sent it, but nothing yet???
    I need Opera Mini, as to get on to my "work" website, I know Opera works. It did on my last phone.
    But I am reading from you guys that Bolt is a good browser.
    Is Opera OK? and how long should it take to get to my phone?
    07-26-09 12:26 PM
    You should get the download link immediately. Try again. Also, I personally prefer Bolt.
    07-26-09 12:36 PM
    OM isn't that great on the Tour. It ran way better on my 8330. I mean...it still loads pages fast, but the text settings are all screwy. Medium setting is way too big and the Small setting is way too small.

Bolt loads a little slower on the Tour, but the page viewing experience is way better.
    07-26-09 12:47 PM
    I personally perfer the opera browser. go to mini.opera.com from your phones browser and download ver 4.2. i currently have it installed on my tour and am not having any problems with this app. you should not any problems on your touch pro either.
    Last edited by cityguyaz; 07-26-09 at 01:19 PM.
    07-26-09 01:17 PM
    I prefer OM, but give them both a shot and see what you like better. Everyone has their own preferences.
    07-26-09 01:18 PM
    I personally perfer the opera browser. go to mini.opera.com from your phones browser and download ver 4.2. i currently have it installed on my tour and am not having any problems with this app. you should not any problems on your touch pro either.
    So...you have no text setting problems?

Medium setting = too big
    Small setting = too small.
    07-26-09 01:40 PM
    To the OP: I didn't realize you had an HTC Touch Diamond. I thought you had a 9630....this is the Tour forum.

Here's where you want to go with your question:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/

Or... http://forums.crackberry.com/f21/
    07-26-09 01:51 PM
    I prefer the rendering of Bolt better.
    07-26-09 01:52 PM
    whenever i try going to opera.mini.com, i get an HTTP ERROR 504: Gateway Timeout. I have tried on both the browser and bolt. and suggestions?
    07-26-09 01:58 PM
    I use both, and like them both a lot. I actually use all 3 browsers (those and the BB browser). Try them both and see for yourself what works for you. I do agree that the text sizing is screwy on my tour. Much better on the curve. Oh well, I still use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 02:31 PM
    whenever i try going to opera.mini.com, i get an HTTP ERROR 504: Gateway Timeout. I have tried on both the browser and bolt. and suggestions?
    isn't it mini.opera.com
    07-26-09 03:41 PM
    Sorry guys, I need to update my info. I now have the Tour!
    First BB, and I love it.
    I have tried again to send the sms to my phone from Opera, and it says "already sent". But nothing yet on my phone.
    I have tried contacting Opera, and they will get back to me, I guess.
    Any other ideas?
    I am going to try the Opera first, as I know this will work for my higher security "workplace" website.
    07-26-09 03:44 PM
    yeahh. it is. dyslexic maybe? thanks.
    07-26-09 03:45 PM
    isn't it mini.opera.com
    Yes, it is. Here's the OTA to save some confusion. You can also access this link from your PC and have the OTA link sent to your device via SMS.

http://mini.opera.com/
    07-26-09 03:47 PM
    When I had my 8830, I thought Opera Mini was easier to use and looked nicer, however Bolt was definitely faster. With my new Tour I'm currently just using the default browser and it hasn't been too bad yet. I'm probably going to just wait for the highly anticipated skyfire browser. I hope it lives up to all its hype!
    07-26-09 04:09 PM
    I use all 3. But I like bolt for it full page, but I. Do use all depending on the site I'm using at the time.

07-26-09 04:14 PM
    I use all 3. But I like bolt for it full page, but I. Do use all depending on the site I'm using at the time.

I think a lot of people do this same thing.

Not get jump too far off topic, but why does the iphone browse so much better... Software or hardware?

I've always found blackberry browsing painful. Its just not hardly worth it.

07-26-09 04:35 PM
    go with bolt its the best browser out right now and i personally hate the way pages look on Opera Mini
    07-26-09 05:03 PM
    Not get jump too far off topic, but why does the iphone browse so much better... Software or hardware?

I've always found blackberry browsing painful. Its just not hardly worth it.
    Dude....did you forget that you're on a Blackberry forum site? Lol

I've played with every iphone model made and I'm really not impressed by their browser anymore than I am by a Blackberry's. Plus, the 3gs is the only model that allows you to copy & paste links (or anything for that matter). Blackberries have been doing that for a long time now.
    07-26-09 05:34 PM
    You're insane if you don't think the browsing on the iPhone is far better than on any Blackberry. He mentioned the browser, why did you need to bring up other things like copy and paste? Stop being a fanboy.

07-26-09 05:50 PM
    So...you have no text setting problems?

Medium setting = too big
    Small setting = too small.
    I do not have a problem with the text size but I use it with "enable mobile view" checked.

I also have all 3 installed. IMO, Bolt is best at viewing a page in full view but Opera definitely has the speed for viewing pages in "mobile view".

07-27-09 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD