I just want to know how many users out there are using the Opera Mini Browser? So far for me it has been fantastic and I just love how I'm able to sync all of my bookmarks using the online utility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 06:25 PM
    Its a good browser. But too be honest it doesn't do it for me. Some pages don't render properly and sometimes I have to constantly reload the page. On top of that the font is too small and it can't be adjusted. For me Bolt works a lot better

07-05-10 06:30 PM
    I used it a lot when it was beta, but since then they've ruined the way the cursor moves about
    07-05-10 06:33 PM
    I have tried bolt browser too but, I prefer opera mini because I am able to sync out of my bookmarks.

07-05-10 06:35 PM
    Syncs my speed dial, search engines, and bookmarks from Opera, so it's fantastic for me
    07-05-10 06:36 PM
    The only thing I'm trying to find out how to make Opera use it as a default launch browser, like when I click on an internet link the blackberry browser opens instead of Opera Mini.

07-05-10 06:49 PM
    Its great but I hate how the cursor doesn't move fluidly.

07-05-10 07:24 PM
    Yeah, I used to use it with my 9000, but since switching to the 9650 it doesn't work right, so I deleted it.
    07-05-10 07:29 PM
    Maybe they will fix that in an upcoming version.

07-05-10 07:50 PM
    The only thing I'm trying to find out how to make Opera use it as a default launch browser, like when I click on an internet link the blackberry browser opens instead of Opera Mini.

When you click a link, it gives you the option to open it in the BlackBerry browser or Opera Mini
    07-05-10 09:03 PM
    I tried it on my BB and the cursor is not very smooth. I use this on my old Dell Axim and it works a treat on that device... I hope they fix that cursor issue.
    07-05-10 09:29 PM
    Opera Mini 5 worked nicely on my old 8320 and it's my preferred browser on my current BB, a 9700. OM5's text copy/paste feature is very handy.
    07-05-10 09:34 PM
    The only thing I'm trying to find out how to make Opera use it as a default launch browser, like when I click on an internet link the blackberry browser.

Not sure how to automatically default to OM5 browser, but try this:

Within the browser try Settings > Advanced > Start Page Links to "ON".

Now close out Opera, hit the menu key on any link and scroll to "Open with Opera Mini".

That worked for me initially and then randomly stopped. But hope it helps...

10-16-10 11:48 PM
    I tried it before, problem was the cursor moves in blocks, quite annoying and almost impossible to click or select radio selections (like choose this or that), even check boxes are impossible to click without scrolling around like a madman lol

Bolt wins it for me, I can use regular, non-mobile forums with ease.

10-17-10 12:16 AM
    Opera regularly freezes on my 9700 and I have never quite figured out why. Only way to shut it down once this happens is a reboot. Bolt works well until OS6.

10-17-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD