Before buying S2, I raved about the Opera Mini on S1 (albeit clunky per its beta status.)

But question for the experts: I'm having the darndest time getting Mini 5 to work on the S2. The URL bar disappears. Can't get it to really work once finally installed. Could it simply be that Mini hasn't been totally configured (yet) for S2?

And to note: I've deleted it, reinstalled it, reset the S2 once reinstalled w/a battery pull, etc. etc.

Oh, and Bolt: A true no-go on S2.

Thanks...
    11-08-09 11:01 AM
    Both appear to be working fine on my S2.

It'll be good to find out whats causing that to happen on yours...
    11-08-09 11:09 AM
    I had same problems when I was installing Opera 5 beta on my g/f's Storm2.

I read up somewhere how to fix it.

Go to advanced options and go to TCP/IP options and check both boxes you see... Umm I barely remember but you leave the username and password slot blank and the carrier name just type in Verizon1

After I did that Opera5 worked perfectly and ran really well on the Storm2. I heard some folks comparing Opera5 on Storm to droid browser and saying that the Storms opera browser ran faster.
    11-08-09 11:17 AM
    I am having some problems with Opera mini on my Storm 2 also, not sure if they are the same problems you are having. Mine is really hard to figure how to click on a link or to enter text. Sometimes I have to just tap the screen without actually clicking and sometimes it only works after actually clicking on the link. Sometimes just multiple taps on the link will get it to open. Are these some of the same issues you are having?
    11-08-09 11:25 AM
    I think the problem you are having, Gnomad, is that Opera5 I believe was built for touch screens, not the SurePress. So what it reads is the presence of your finger on the screen, not the click. So basically with Opera5, your screen is more like the touchscreen on an iPhone. you should not have to click the screen at all I believe.

I haven't tried Opera5 yet, I downloaded it and tried to open it, and it didn't do anything... I will try reinstalling it today and see how it works. I have tried bolt though, and I dont like the interface on that. I like the UI in the BB browser (no cursor), but I really do not like the cursor in Bolt. I don't know why, it just bugs me. OCD typa thing, ya know?
    11-08-09 11:48 AM
    What I'd really like to see is an engineer from Opera posting here. This is really a great opportunity for Opera as a phone-browser wars heat up, especially with BB's browser slow, relatively speaking. All any of us non-geeks want to know is how to FIX IT! (And perhaps it's as simple as the guy above wrote...will try it in a bit and report back the results.)

Thanks!
    11-08-09 11:53 AM
    I agree, if we could get someone who knows their stuff about it, then that woul dbe great. I definitely see some browser wars upon the horizon. Especially with RIM's purchase of the browser company (sorry I cannot remember the name of it ).
    11-08-09 12:08 PM
    What? Bolt is running perfectly for me. Full websites load up in seconds, faster then Opera 5 IMO. When Bolt is downloaded make sure to disable compatibility mode in options>applications>third party>Bolt

Also in the options for Bolt turn off in-line editing. You should be set to go, it works GREAT! I deleted Opera 5, the beta is just too buggy for me.
    11-08-09 12:17 PM
    I couldn't get opera 5 to work after several battery pulls and re installs so I am using the previous version with no problems at all. How much better is opera 5?
    11-08-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD