when I go to a web site in opera I get a message that says Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?

What does this mean? What is it for?
    10-11-08 11:52 PM
    Not sure what it really means, but you can have it stop by turning the firewall on...

Options ->> Security Options

Duvi
    10-12-08 12:45 AM
    Not sure what it really means, but you can have it stop by turning the firewall on...

Options ->> Security Options

Duvi
    Thanks Jayden0606! I've been trying to find a way to disable that annoying popup in Opera Mini.
    10-12-08 01:50 AM
    Thanks Jayden0606! I've been trying to find a way to disable that annoying popup in Opera Mini.
    No problem. Glad to be of assistance.
    10-12-08 02:07 AM
    Enabling the firewall worked fine for Opera Mini, but not for Media Pop. I was no longer able to download attachments to my SDcard. I would continue to get the following error message:

The application net_rim_bb_messaging_app has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

I had to disable my firewall in order to use Media Pop again. Guess I'll continue to deal with the issue of the pop-up when using Opera Mini.
    Last edited by cdf3; 10-12-08 at 07:02 AM.
    10-12-08 03:47 AM
    I will just deal with it also but I still want to know what it means.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 06:58 AM
    A better explanation can be found in the link below. Take a look at post #12. They're talking about another program, but the same principles apply.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/policy-36379/
    10-12-08 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD