I have tried searching the forum, but I think I might be the only person with this problem.

I just began running 4.7.0.148 on my Storm and this problem occurred since I upgraded my OS. I primarily use Opera Mini because it loads everything so much faster including Google searches... until now. After I enter the text in a search and I try to hit "select" in the BB Menu, the Storm freezes for two-ten minutes. I can only get out of this by a battery pull or if I am lucky hitting the lock button to get back to the lock screen. I haven't had this problem so maybe it is a permissions issue or possibly Opera Mini settings. Does anyone have ideas or encountered this problem?

Thanks!
    06-07-09 09:59 AM
    You're not the only one. Sometimes it will freeze up on me as well, but sometimes it won't. Anyway, best way to get around is to just open up a bookmark first, get past that annoying "low-level connection" question and then go searching.
    06-07-09 10:16 AM
    QUOTE=Craterz;2750887]You're not the only one. Sometimes it will freeze up on me as well, but sometimes it won't. Anyway, best way to get around is to just open up a bookmark first, get past that annoying "low-level connection" question and then go searching.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what does it for me too. Also make sure your not entering any commas when you should be entering a period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 10:20 AM
    I'm having similar issues with my phone as well, but it only happens when I try to google search something. After I type something into the google search and then press ok from the blackberry menu it will freeze. I haven't waited long enogh to see if it will unfreeze so I press and hold the off button on my phone. This takes me out of opera mini, but then the promt pops up that asks if you want to allow mini to establash a low level connection. If I hit yes it will reboot my phone if I hit no it no then nothing happens and my phone is back to normal. After that opera mini works fine. Weird I know, I never had this problem with .75 on my phone.

I also noticed another problem now that I'm running .148. It seems to take longer to stream videos from Youtube, or it wouldn't stream videos at all, and instead it will give me an error message say something like "content unavailable, server is blocked or not responding". I've never had this issue before installing .148. But I still like my phone
    06-07-09 10:39 AM
    I have tried searching the forum, but I think I might be the only person with this problem.

I just began running 4.7.0.148 on my Storm and this problem occurred since I upgraded my OS. I primarily use Opera Mini because it loads everything so much faster including Google searches... until now. After I enter the text in a search and I try to hit "select" in the BB Menu, the Storm freezes for two-ten minutes. I can only get out of this by a battery pull or if I am lucky hitting the lock button to get back to the lock screen. I haven't had this problem so maybe it is a permissions issue or possibly Opera Mini settings. Does anyone have ideas or encountered this problem?

Thanks!
    Go options/security options/firewal and ENABLE. After that go in to opera address bar and write the link you want and press bb button/ok. A question menu appear. Check both of the selections and press ok. That's it! Never freeze again. The problem was the opera server connection question.
    06-07-09 01:35 PM
    Go options/security options/firewal and ENABLE. After that go in to opera address bar and write the link you want and press bb button/ok. A question menu appear. Check both of the selections and press ok. That's it! Never freeze again. The problem was the opera server connection question.
    Nice! Knew there was a way. Should've done a search for it .

Learn something new everyday around here.

06-07-09 01:44 PM

That's awesome! Thanks for the help!
    06-07-09 02:20 PM
    I'm trying to do this but when I enter an address in the Opera address bar, the phone freezes. I'm letting it sit to see if it comes back after a while. Do you have to first go to a bookmark, answer the low-level connection prompts, THEN do this fix?
    06-07-09 09:18 PM
    I'm trying to do this but when I enter an address in the Opera address bar, the phone freezes. I'm letting it sit to see if it comes back after a while. Do you have to first go to a bookmark, answer the low-level connection prompts, THEN do this fix?
    same problem here
    06-07-09 09:28 PM
    same problem here
    Guys.
    1. Close Opera
    2. GO options/security options/firewall and select "enable" (that's all)
    3. Open Opera
    4. Select address field, write an address and press OK.
    5. Appear one question menu from firewall that ask for your permission. Has two check boxes. You select both of them and press OK.

Thats it. Work for everyone that i know... (perhaps it need reboot after the firewall enable)
    06-08-09 12:08 PM
    Guys.
    1. Close Opera
    3. Open Opera
    5. Appear one question menu from firewall that ask for your permission. Has two check boxes. You select both of them and press OK.

Thats it. Work for everyone that i know... (perhaps it need reboot after the firewall enable)
    Well, even with a battery pull after enabling the firewall, I can't get this to work.

The instructions are very straight forward. I enabled the firewall. I opened Opera, tapped the address bar and entered Google, hit BB button, selected ok. After a bit of a wait, the only prompt I get is the one that says "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access server4.operamini.com. Would you like to allow this?". However, there are no check boxes. If I click on Yes, it works but asks the same thing the next time I use Opera.

Any ideas? I would love to get rid of that prompt once and for all.
    06-08-09 08:06 PM
    Can someone direct me on how to download Opera Mini directly the .jad file or something, I have tried all 3 steps on mini.opera.com and nothing ever works, any ideas?
    06-08-09 09:00 PM
    Can someone direct me on how to download Opera Mini directly the .jad file or something, I have tried all 3 steps on mini.opera.com and nothing ever works, any ideas?
    Just point your Storm's BB browser to: http://mini.opera.com, follow the instructions given and done.
    06-08-09 09:08 PM
    Guys.
    1. Close Opera
    3. Open Opera

Worked flawlessly for me .

Well, even with a battery pull after enabling the firewall, I can't get this to work.

The instructions are very straight forward. I enabled the firewall. I opened Opera, tapped the address bar and entered Google, hit BB button, selected ok. After a bit of a wait, the only prompt I get is the one that says "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access server4.operamini.com. Would you like to allow this?". However, there are no check boxes. If I click on Yes, it works but asks the same thing the next time I use Opera.

Not sure what to tell ya. With the firewall enabled, Opera only asked for the required permissions the one time and not once since.
    06-08-09 09:18 PM
    Still the same error, do i have to enable anything with my browser config or anything like that? I get the Download Opera Mini v4.2 link, I have filled out info for SMS link to be sent, it always states "SMS NOT SENT, already sent to mobile number" but I have never received one so im just lost lol.
    06-08-09 09:26 PM
    Still the same error, do i have to enable anything with my browser config or anything like that? I get the Download Opera Mini v4.2 link, I have filled out info for SMS link to be sent, it always states "SMS NOT SENT, already sent to mobile number" but I have never received one so im just lost lol.
    Huh? Are you trying to do this from your Storm? Or a PC? Using your Storm, open the BB browser, click the URL field, back space to get rid of the "www." (keeping the "http://") and type in "mini.opera.com" and click the "Go"/return key on the screen (depending on what OS you have). Then click on the "Download Opera Mini!" link on the page that is displayed.
    06-08-09 09:39 PM
    Make sure your browser is set to blackberry and not internet explorer before you try to download opera.

06-08-09 10:25 PM
    Alright I had my browser set as firefox for some reason I'm currently on opera mini and I like it quite a bit thank a lot for all of the help
    06-08-09 11:28 PM

The instructions are very straight forward. I enabled the firewall. I opened Opera, tapped the address bar and entered , hit BB button, selected ok. After a bit of a wait, the only prompt I get is the one that says "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access server4.operamini.com. Would you like to allow this?". However, there are no check boxes. If I click on Yes, it works but asks the same thing the next time I use Opera.

I don't know what to say???...
    Try install/uninstall opera...what else?
    Last edited by rokko74; 06-09-09 at 01:34 AM.
    06-09-09 01:30 AM
    I completed this tip, and so far so good. No freezes in two days. Maybe this tip does work

Thanks!

06-09-09 02:19 AM
    mine used to do this on .148. upgraded to a hybrid with .151 and it is working fine again.

I also found out when it was freezing if you turn you phone and give it like 5 seconds it unfreezes
    06-09-09 06:18 AM
    I have a new problem.
    When i want to reply on thread the quote is not working.
    I press the quote link and open the text menu (like the enter address).
    06-09-09 03:07 PM
    I have a new problem.
    When i want to reply on thread the quote is not working.
    I press the quote link and open the text menu (like the enter address).
    Not sure I understand what ya mean.

06-09-09 04:56 PM
    I'm glad someone figured this out. I had uninstalled opera mini because of this.
    06-09-09 05:16 PM
    i tried the fix but eveytime I open opera I get the permission box but it only gives me a "yes" or "no" option. no boxes to be checked. I enabled the firewall. tried it once without pulling the battery and once with the battery pulled, no luck
    06-09-09 06:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD