Having a problem with opera mini on my pearl 8130. When I try to log in to any banking sites, I enter my card number and password and click log in. A new page opens like its going to log in, but it is just a blank screen. I've tried numerous things but nothing seems to work. This happens on two different banking sites as well.

Any ideas? I have also submitted a big report.

Thanks everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 05:53 AM
    first off, you know?
    Is there any end-to-end security between my handset and — for example — paypal.com or my bank?

No. If you need full end-to-end encryption, you should use a full Web browser such as Opera Mobile.

Opera Mini uses a transcoder server to translate HTML/CSS/JavaScript into a more compact format. It will also shrink any images to fit the screen of your handset. This translation step makes Opera Mini fast, small, and also very cheap to use. To be able to do this translation, the Opera Mini server needs to have access to the unencrypted version of the Web page. Therefore no end-to-end encryption between the client and the remote Web server is possible.
    Can Opera Software see my passwords and credit card numbers in clear text? What is the encryption good for then?

The encryption is introduced to protect the communication from any third party between the client (the browser on your handset) and the Opera Mini transcoder server. If you do not trust Opera Software, make sure you do not use our application to enter any kind of sensitive information.
    All of the app permissions need to be set to allow.
    In OM, go to settings, make sure the Wi-fi checkbox is unchecked, set the protocol to "socket", that should get you hooked up, if not come back and change the protocol to "http", it's slower, but works a little more reliably.
    02-06-09 06:33 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. However, I have tried all that you've mentioned and I still get the blank white screen.

Any other ideas? I have searched the opera forums with no luck.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD