I have a bold and when I select a site in opera mini sometimes it says "Failed to connect to the internet". Then there is a place to start the connection test ane when I do it says I have good connection. This does not happen all the time. Any help would be appreciated.
    08-19-09 09:50 AM
    I don't know if this helps, but I have the 8310 and it periodically does this. I will encounter this, get the "you have a working connection" after letting it test, and then I can proceed ok. It's only a real annoyance if I used one of the start page-search boxes because I have to re-enter everything again. Otherwise I use the ESC key to backup to where I was and it re-does its thing okay.

I never have figured out why it does this, I am just thankful it doesn't do like it did with my Treo. With my Treo it would often-times lockup the phone when backing up into the cache (you'd have to do a battery pull), or it would lock-up the software when downloading; it would do, say 33k out of 35k and absolutely refuse to finish the last 2k. You'd have to exit out and start all over.

One in a great with my 8310 while I'll get a firewall permissions error (or something like that) and only a reboot will fix it--but it's rare.
    I changed permissions to "allow" with everything and it's much less apt to do this now.

Hope that helps some, anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 08-19-09 at 10:05 AM.
    08-19-09 10:02 AM
    are you using wifi ....if so go to options and check the box! good luck
    08-19-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD