Okay so I just downloaded Opera Mini...
    and when i tried accessing it, i get this message:

"Failed to connect to the Internet.
    Go to operamini.com/help with your desktop browser or contact you service provider for Internet settings."

I have a Blackberry 8100, help.... thanks, in advance
    02-07-08 08:17 PM
    You have to put in the TCP/APN settings for it to work. Google for TCP/APN t mobile and it should be able to give you the listing you need. Its in the settings, advanced settings, tcp portion of your BB if I remember correctly.
    02-08-08 08:44 AM
    Thanks I had to input APN: wap.voicestream.com to get it work and all is fine now.
    02-09-08 06:22 PM
    I get a similar error, but I'm on Verizon using 8830 and from what I have read, there are no APN settings.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    02-11-08 02:00 PM
    Right. For the Pearl 8100 Do This:

Select "Options" (The Wrench Icon)
    Select "Advanced Options"
    Select "TCP"
    Input "wap.voicestream.com" in the APN field (leave the other fields alone or blank)

When you run the Opera Mini program installed on your phone it should connect now.
    02-11-08 02:01 PM
    Opera mini sound like a really cool app...

i have installed it on my 8700g, juz curious if I will be slapped with data charges if im surfing using Opera mini instead of BB browser. I have configured the following on my BB:

"Options" ->"Advanced Options" -> "TCP"
    Input "blackberry.net" in the APN field

My provider's helpdesk insist that surfing is only free if I use BB browser, and not other browsers... :c
    02-14-08 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD