I love opera mini, and have tried searching to find how to enable cursor view (so I can navigate around finer details and select text to copy, etc) but no threads really tell how to enable this. I have the most recent 4.xx version (non beta, I installed it today). Do I have to upgrade to 5 for this?

Also, one thing I like about the native bb browser is that it automatically switches between wifi and EDGE. Does opera do this? I see a "wifi" option in the opera menu, does that mean I have to manually tell it to use wifi every time?

Thanks for your help guys
    01-02-10 02:10 AM
    I can't answer your first question, sorry, but I can answer the second.

It switches automatically. No worries. I went from using Opera in my home with UMA to going to a coffee place with EDGE. It worked flawlessly. Nothing to change in the settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 10:30 AM
    I love opera mini, and have tried searching to find how to enable cursor view (so I can navigate around finer details and select text to copy, etc) but no threads really tell how to enable this. I have the most recent 4.xx version (non beta, I installed it today). Do I have to upgrade to 5 for this?

Also, one thing I like about the native bb browser is that it automatically switches between wifi and EDGE. Does opera do this? I see a "wifi" option in the opera menu, does that mean I have to manually tell it to use wifi every time?

Thanks for your help guys
    I will help to be specific about which versions we're asking and answering about.

What do you mean by "cursor view" and which version of Opera Mini?

In version 4.2, there is no copy so there is no select mode. Copy and paste is only available in the beta version 5.

Regarding WiFi, in version 4.2 you do have to tell it when you want to use Wifi by selecting the check box. In beta 5, there is no check box--Opera Mini make use of the WiFi connection when it's available. This is most likely due to Opera Mini being a native BlackBerry app and no longer a Java app on BlackBerry.
    01-02-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD