I am sure some of you have seen a post of mine in the past about how great opera mini was. As far as the storm goes opera mini runs like a POS. I'm sure a good percentage of opera mini users are blackberry users and that helps them. Why haven't they made one for the storm I'm sure people would pay a few bucks for that browser for its speed but it still renders pages horribly especially CB. Why don't they stop hiding and give us a working browser same to you RIM. Maybe its .151 that's causing it I don't know but I need a good browser......soon.

Edit: I no longer feel this way

9/16/09
    Last edited by Card Storm; 09-16-09 at 10:38 AM.
    08-06-09 03:39 PM
    the native browser works great for me.
    08-06-09 03:42 PM
    I am sure some of you have seen a post of mine in the past about how great opera mini was. As far as the storm goes opera mini runs like a POS. I'm sure a good percentage of opera mini users are blackberry users and that helps them. Why haven't they made one for the storm I'm sure people would pay a few bucks for that browser for its speed but it still renders pages horribly especially CB. Why don't they stop hiding and give us a working browser same to you RIM. Maybe its .151 that's causing it I don't know but I need a good browser......soon.
    So it is crap because it they don't have a version that works on the Storm? I guess by that logic, MS Windows is crap, OSx is crap, Firefox is crap, Internet Explorer is crap, etc.

Opera Mini works well for me and many others, not on the Storm. Sorry they haven't knocked one out for you. What were they thinking?

A lot of vendors have trouble with the Storm, it is different than the other Blackberries. Actually when a new Blackberry comes out, many vendors have trouble with those as well.

Just because they don't support your device yet doesn't make it crap.
    08-06-09 06:25 PM
    opera mini is by far the most used browser on my BB...

native browser for OTA and fast hotkey-ed searches..

bolt for crazy content sites
    08-06-09 07:38 PM
    I had OM for a while. I probably didn't give it long enough before deleting it, but I just use the native browser. If I have anything serious that it can't do, I just use my computer. I just felt OM wasn't really all that convienient

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 11:57 PM
    I personally hate how OM renders pages. Bolt FTW
    08-07-09 12:00 AM
    Exactly! It would be perfect if they weren't rendered so horribly. I love its speed though. I need skyfire in my life
    08-07-09 12:08 AM
    Exactly! It would be perfect if they weren't rendered so horribly. I love its speed though. I need skyfire in my life
    Skyfire and the S2 and i'm golden.
    08-07-09 12:22 AM
    Skyfire and the S2 and i'm golden.
    Omg you can say that again. Drool. With 5.0
    08-07-09 01:19 AM
    im using opera with no problems on 151
    08-07-09 01:32 AM
    Bolt>OM

08-07-09 02:14 AM
    Can you give a specific example or elaborate a little? What exactly don't you like?
    08-07-09 12:35 PM
    im sorry when i wrote this post i was frustrated, but for me opera is not rendering pages correctly for me lately. Mainly when i use crackberry on it. All I am asking for is an opera mini specifically for the storm.

Mainly because lately ive been using my phone as my main internet source because i havent got wireless sett up yet at my house.

I just got Atnt wireless so i can start using my lap top for internet.

I guess the more you use something the more you notice its flaws.
    08-07-09 01:12 PM
    On a 8900 the native browser frequently fails to load a page saying it is too large while OM can. Do others get that message? Thanks

08-08-09 05:23 AM
    On a 8900 the native browser frequently fails to load a page saying it is too large while OM can. Do others get that message? Thanks

Can you give a link for this? What site?

08-08-09 05:59 AM
    I've tried Opera Mini on my Bold n is not bad but I much rather use Bolt browser, it works better for me!
    08-08-09 06:35 AM
    To the OP :
    You cannot make that statement that Opera Mini is in fact crap. I have Opera Mini on my 8900, my 8100 and my wife's 8310. And i have bolt on my 8900 alone. Opera mini is by far my most used browser. and using it on a full QWERTY keyboard phone is 100% different than using on a touch screen. my wife had it on her behold and it was sub par by every mean. but on a QWERTY key board phone IMO - it's top notch. The most used 3rd party browser used on mobile devices.... and it's crap.... i don't think it would be the most wide spread used browser if it was that big of a load....
    08-08-09 10:07 AM
    Both Opera Mini and Bolt are horribly overrated. I have tried both for several days each, and cannot understand the attraction or the contention that either one is any better than the standard BlackBerry browser.

In many ways, both are inferior to the BB browser.
    08-08-09 11:00 AM
    I'm a BOLT fan. I'm actually viewing this thread using BOLT. I like seeing full websites instead of mobile versions and this browser is pretty quick at displaying it. It feels like I'm viewing from my p.c.

I tried Opera but didn't like it much.
    08-08-09 11:34 AM
    In many ways, both are inferior to the BB browser.
    The thing I dislike the most about the BB one is that it is really separate browsers with separate bookmarks. It's pathetic that for getting the fastest possible connection speed at all times, one has to manually switch between them depending on whether there is a WiFi signal.

Last edited by Ikarus; 08-08-09 at 01:23 PM.
    08-08-09 12:14 PM
    I tried Opera mini and bolt and neither were that great. I'm fine with the default browser. I've heard good stuff about skyfire though, so i'm eager to try that one. I'm not sure it's compatible with the tour right now though.
    08-08-09 03:24 PM
    Thanks Opera Mini for being proactive!
    09-16-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD