Hey,

I have a quick question about the OM browser....does anyone know how to change the speed-dials on the front page?? I have all 9 boxes filled..but I dunno how to change them to another website.

Any help is much appreciated
    02-25-10 06:43 PM
    Highlight a speed dial and press 1, or press and hold the track ball to see the context menu.
    02-25-10 06:57 PM
    i've been using the bolt browser for a while, but it seems to be slowing down recently, so i d/l-ed opera mini 5.2 beta.

it has some cool features, but i don't like that it defaults to the 'mobile view' -- i want the whole web page. i tried fiddling with the settings, but it still wants to show the mobile version on sites like espn and wikipedia.

anyone know how to change the default to the 'full view'?

thanks.
    02-26-10 01:12 PM
    anyone know how to change the default to the 'full view'?
    In Opera Mini, Mobile View means single column view. It has nothing to do with the page that's being served up to the browser. This means you view a full Web page in desktop mode or single column mode.

The browser cannot control if the Web site author chooses to serve up a mobile-friendly page. Opera will not try to "fool" the site into thinking it's a desktop browser. It identifies itself and takes what the site serves. If you want to see a full Web page, the Web site has to provide it.

The likely reason BOLT gets more full sites is because Web site authors are not looking for BOLT as often as they look for Opera Mini. You can request the Web site author not give a mobile page for Opera Mini.
    02-26-10 01:51 PM
    thanks, scottb. i guess i'll just play with it for a few days to try it out. i can always go back to bolt.

cheers.
    02-26-10 03:20 PM
    I have a Storm 9530, when I want to change a speed dial, I just touch and hold the speed dial I want to change until a menu pops up. From there you can select 'clear.'
    Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD