What's the difference between opera and the blackberry broswer? Whice is prefered?
    04-20-09 06:19 PM
    Opera is faster to some, and loads full pages better than the native browser.

I prefer Bolt.
    04-20-09 06:20 PM
    I like the BB browser better (OS 4.5) because I don't care for the text entry boxes in Opera, and the wap-like way you have to navigate through pages by jumping around the elements on the page. With the BB browser, you get a free floating cursor to select the objects on the page.
    04-20-09 06:21 PM
    Bolt is the best of the bunch. BB browser has limits on several sites, Bolt I haven't found any yet, OperaMini still displays some sites as mobile and some sites qare just as limited as the default browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 06:32 PM
    Personally I prefer opera. It is so much faster + very user friendly. Hope this helps.
    04-20-09 06:33 PM
    I've used opera, bolt, and the bb browser and I always just end up using the bb browser for almost everything. I got rid of opera for bolt but I hardly ever use it.

04-20-09 07:10 PM
    Opera for me. Much faster and I really like the way you enter text compared to the BB browser. Espeically if you have a lot to enter.
    04-20-09 07:12 PM
    The native BB browser works just fine for me also...
    04-20-09 07:13 PM
    Opera is supposedly faster as a result of the manner in which it
    compresses data before sending it to your phone. It is also
    supposedly renders pages that look more as they would on a computer.

I have found neither of these to be true, so I use the native
    browser for everything.
    04-20-09 07:26 PM
    BB browser for me all the way

04-20-09 07:36 PM
    Neither, except the BB Browser for Youtube, but for the rest, I use Bolt only. I don't find anything wrong with the BB Browser, I just want to see the sites as they would look on a desktop computer.
    04-20-09 07:43 PM
    Add me to the native browser side

04-20-09 07:51 PM
    Bolt is the best of the bunch. BB browser has limits on several sites, Bolt I haven't found any yet, OperaMini still displays some sites as mobile and some sites qare just as limited as the default browser

Is there a way to change the font in Bolt? I cannot find anything other than enlarging
    04-20-09 07:51 PM
    I don't believe so.

04-20-09 08:14 PM
    Opera for websites I'm new to, or actually intend to use. BB browser for downloading or if I am routed (through an email link). Bolt I'm new to, and didn't see enough of a plus to adopt it.. maybe one day..
    04-20-09 08:28 PM
    BB Browser first, Opera Mini second, Bolt third... for me anyway.

04-20-09 08:28 PM
    When surfing on my BB, I don't necessarily WANT to see the site as I would if I was on a comp. I just want the basic data/files, no frills, no gimics. The only thing I prefer that none of the three have is flash capabilities. Since that won't be arriving soon, BB browser is for me.

04-20-09 08:31 PM

Same order for me too.
    04-20-09 08:32 PM
    BB is primary and Opera is my backup for seeing things I can't see on mobile pages. I'm starting to use OM a lot more these days, though.

04-20-09 08:36 PM
    Opera mini for the most part, but I use BB browser for my mobile banking and a few other things. I wish they would make the full featured opera mobile browser available for blackberry.
    04-20-09 08:47 PM
    Opera mini for me. Its faster, it does render better (despite what some say) and its a lot easier to navigate around pages. With BB browser (4.5) you can go up and down a page/screen at a time with space and shift-space but to move left and right you must use trackball. With opera mini you use 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys to move in all directions. From there you can use the trackball to select various elements in the page or press 'n' to go from one to the next and it does have a free movement cursor (it pops up sometimes for me). Also, it formats paragraphs into screen-sized widths so if you are moving left and right across a page it will stop so the screen is centered on the text, then just go up and down to read. I also like the start page and searches you can make. Any page with a search textbox can be made into a search bookmark, so to speak. Just go to the page, click on the textbox to open it and hit the menu button to create a new one. Once you have one, all you have to do is when opera mini loads up (it doesn't stall like BB browser is known to do), click on your searches, select the one you want to use and it opens a textbox, put your search in, click OK, and your search is sent to the site and the page that loads is the results. I have wikipedia, dictionary.com, imdb, google and more set up. I DO NOT like how the BB browser cursor works with text boxes.

04-20-09 09:10 PM
    Native browser for me.

Bolt occasionally...
    04-20-09 09:26 PM
    Same here. It depends on what ur trying to get done. Opera for general browsing, BB for the work horse.

04-20-09 09:35 PM

What it really comes down to is that each browser has its good and bad features. If a developer would ever incorporate the positives from each into a new browser they would have the ultimate one. No way to please everyone, but you could get close. I also believe that many of us try a browser out without knowing the tricks of getting around. This leads to frustration and negative experience.

04-20-09 09:49 PM
    Opera mini for me. Its faster, it does render better (despite what some say) and its a lot easier to navigate around pages. With BB browser (4.5) you can go up and down a page/screen at a time with space and shift-space but to move left and right you must use trackball. With opera mini you use 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys to move in all directions. From there you can use the trackball to select various elements in the page or press 'n' to go from one to the next and it does have a free movement cursor (it pops up sometimes for me). Also, it formats paragraphs into screen-sized widths so if you are moving left and right across a page it will stop so the screen is centered on the text, then just go up and down to read. I also like the start page and searches you can make. Any page with a search textbox can be made into a search bookmark, so to speak. Just go to the page, click on the textbox to open it and hit the menu button to create a new one. Once you have one, all you have to do is when opera mini loads up (it doesn't stall like BB browser is known to do), click on your searches, select the one you want to use and it opens a textbox, put your search in, click OK, and your search is sent to the site and the page that loads is the results. I have wikipedia, dictionary.com, imdb, google and more set up. I DO NOT like how the BB browser cursor works with text boxes.

Thanks for the info on how to add a Search box. I had no idea Opera Mini could do that. Very nice!

04-20-09 09:58 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD