• Opera Mini beta 5.0

40 64.52%
  • Opera Mini 4.2

2 3.23%
  • I prefer the Default RIM Browser

10 16.13%
    Which browser do you prefer and why?
    12-07-09 05:46 PM
    to the op: Might be a good idea if you include the older version of opera as well, a lot of people still use it.

As for why, the sync function!!
    12-07-09 06:04 PM
    I have all 3 and use all three for the **** of it. I like opera 4.2 because it doesn't give me white screen to click on for high memory pages, I like opera 5 because of multiple tab browsing and bolt, I just started using again and it seems better then back when bolt first came out. But I'm slowing not using opera 4.2 anymore and migrating to bolt but opera 5 because of the multiple tabbed browsing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 06:08 PM
    I like bolt rather than opera because it's more faster.

12-07-09 06:13 PM
    to the op: Might be a good idea if you include the older version of opera as well, a lot of people still use it.

Good idea, probably something a mod could fix.
    12-07-09 06:28 PM
    Ah! Jury is still out. I haven't used bolt enough. I didn't like that the older version required opening the menu to 'back', but now I see it's supported.
    12-07-09 06:33 PM
    Im actually liking opera mini 4.2 beta. I like the speed dials on the home screen and i havnt had any crashing problems. Its been alot quicker than the bb browser and comparable to bolt, while also looking alot nicer and having tabbed browsing.
    12-07-09 07:51 PM
    Im actually liking opera mini 4.2 beta. I like the speed dials on the home screen and i havnt had any crashing problems. Its been alot quicker than the bb browser and comparable to bolt, while also looking alot nicer and having tabbed browsing.
    you mean 5.2 beta right?

I have not yet used bolt. I'm waiting for a good comparison from one of my fellow crackberrians before i give up 5.2... I think it's great!
    Last edited by McNooberson; 12-07-09 at 08:31 PM.
    12-07-09 08:09 PM
    I tried Bolt for about a day and it was just something not right. Maybe Because I was new with my Storm 1...I've gotten use to Opera and really like it over the blackberry browser...
    12-07-09 08:34 PM
    Does the new version of Bolt pop up the virtual keyboard on it's own yet?
    12-07-09 08:50 PM

Good idea, probably something a mod could fix.
    A mod DID edit it, plus added an option for his browser of choice.
    12-07-09 08:54 PM
    I tried both bolt and opera mini4 when I bought the phone. I didn't like them so I defaulted to the native browser, bur now I'm really enjoying omini beta2.

12-07-09 08:56 PM
    Tried the Bolt when I has my S1, it was ok compared to the BB Browser.

Installed Opera 5 on my S2 and I love it-
    12-07-09 09:07 PM
    Someone please send me the OTA to opera mini 5!!!!
    I tried going to the website m.opera.com/next but all I get is text saying "We detected your device to be BB 9550... click on the download link to download..." yet there is no download link! I see where it says "Click to download' but that is not a link - it's just plain text.
    So please someone post the .jad for Opera Mini V5. Thanks a lot!
    12-07-09 09:12 PM
    you mean 5.2 beta right?

I have not yet used bolt. I'm waiting for a good comparison from one of my fellow crackberrians before i give up 5.2... I think it's great!
    Yea lol i meant 5.2 beta. I really didnt like bolt at all. It was fast and rendered pages pretty well but the home text was either too small or the websites rendered too large, zooming in and out was a pain and overall it really didnt look very clean. Opera is fitting my needs pretty nicely (im rather excited about RIM working with torch for a webkit browser though)
    12-07-09 09:21 PM
    Someone please send me the OTA to opera mini 5!!!!
    I tried going to the website m.opera.com/next but all I get is text saying "We detected your device to be BB 9550... click on the download link to download..." yet there is no download link! I see where it says "Click to download' but that is not a link - it's just plain text.
    So please someone post the .jad for Opera Mini V5. Thanks a lot!
    No one? Argh - I need the OTA... fine I guess I'll try using the .alx of my desktop once I get time.
    12-09-09 07:02 PM
    No one? Argh - I need the OTA... fine I guess I'll try using the .alx of my desktop once I get time.
    Is your Browser Identification set to Blackberry? I had trouble similar to what you are describing the first time I tried to download opera, and realized that I had set my Browser Identification to Firefox or IE (can't remember which it was at the time). I think the browser ID has to be Blackberry most of the time in order to allow downloads.
    12-09-09 09:56 PM
    try one of these:

http://mini.opera.com/next/minibb.ja...96501&bbfw=4.7

http://mini.opera.com/next/minibb.ja...84120&bbfw=4.7
    12-09-09 09:58 PM
    Neither. Native's layout is doable, the behavior was the deal breaker

12-09-09 10:33 PM
    I just installed the Opera beta because my cousins new Droid browser made me look so bad

Anyway I want to use Suretype and I dont seem to have that option. Its probably unrelated to the application. I just dont like the multitap.

Also, is the Blackberry button not supposed to work as a menu anymore?

Sorry for the newbie questions regarding 3rd party browsers. Love the phone but hate the browser.

EDIT... The site I was going to started off in the password login field. Thus the multitap. So I guess its fine.

Problem I am having now is I cant seem to select buttons on the site like login or even click the checkbox that says keep me logged in. Anyone else having similar issues?

Does not seem to have much zoom magnification either.
    Last edited by rrmccabe; 12-17-09 at 09:55 AM.
    12-17-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD