The BB internet browser is very user friendly but soooo slow. Opera mini is so much faster, but the mobile browser is not entirely storm friendly...any idea when a version formatted for the storm will be available?
    03-22-09 04:31 PM
    I am sure Opera will announce it here once a STORM version is released. With my STORM i cant type numbers in Opera Mini so useless to me...though it did seem faster than the BB browser.
    03-22-09 04:46 PM
    I can't type numbers in the web address and it uses the letter to the right when I type double tt or oo. Still use it before BB browser. BB is my back up for multi browser surfing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 04:53 PM
    Browsing today on OM. Love it. No problems.

03-22-09 04:54 PM
    i am a noob to BB's. i have a couple of questions about the OM for the storm.

i went to a site that requires me to log in and i couldnt get it to let me type in my sn/pw i can hover over the box but it wont do anything if i click.

also how do you get it to automatically bring up the keyboard? i have to keep hitting the BB button and clicking show keyboard...
    03-22-09 05:31 PM
    I almost always use opera mini with zero issues few quirks but everything on this phone has quirks.

03-22-09 05:38 PM
    i cant type numbers in Opera Mini
    When you try to type a number and a letter comes up instead, look below and tap on "Insert Symbol". Then you'll be able to type numbers. At least it works with the URL bar.
    03-23-09 02:04 AM
    i can hover over the box but it wont do anything if i click.
    Don't click, just tap. Opera doesn't recognize clicks right now.
    03-23-09 02:06 AM
    i dont even mind not being able to click in opera

i just wish the keyboard would pop up with a swipe
    03-23-09 08:17 AM
    i am a noob to BB's. i have a couple of questions about the OM for the storm.

i went to a site that requires me to log in and i couldnt get it to let me type in my sn/pw i can hover over the box but it wont do anything if i click.

also how do you get it to automatically bring up the keyboard? i have to keep hitting the BB button and clicking show keyboard...
    usually when u click ona field that would require typing, the keyboard comes up auto.
    03-23-09 08:22 AM
    i love opera on a PC or a MAC but for some strange reason i didn't like the feel of opera mini and i uninstalled it.
    03-24-09 03:55 PM
    what he suggest doesnt work...still cannot type numbers...
    04-01-09 10:33 AM
    usually when u click ona field that would require typing, the keyboard comes up auto.
    I believe he is talking about when you want to enter in a new web addy. I would also like to know if there is a way to make the keyboard show when you hit enter address...or do we have to wait for a Storm compatible version?

Thanks!
    04-16-09 09:00 AM
    Double tap the enter address block. That should bring up some recent sites as well as insert symbol. Tap insertsymbol and your keyboard should come up in thetext entry block

04-16-09 09:05 AM
    I didn't like the browser I'm in between bolt and the black berry browser. Even though bolt gives me problems sometimes

04-16-09 09:05 AM
    thanks, that works...little cumbersome, but does the job.
    04-16-09 09:13 AM
    Click on Opera >BB Menu button>Settings uncheck auto complete save and exit.

Now your keyboard pops up and your numbers and chars are all as they should be.
    04-16-09 09:16 AM
    on the list I clicked blackberry, but there is no 95xx available, what are you guys using?
    04-16-09 07:40 PM
    I tried om. Didn't like it and removed it. I'm posting using the bb internet browser and love it

04-16-09 08:20 PM
    Click on Opera >BB Menu button>Settings uncheck auto complete save and exit.

Now your keyboard pops up and your numbers and chars are all as they should be.
    This is the solution. Opera mini works great when its set up right.

04-16-09 09:08 PM
    I see a few people who claim that the opera browser works fine on their storm. If this is the case, can you please explain how you're achieving this? I, like others on this thread, cannot get numbers to work. The keyboard not popping up is annoying but not a big issue. Not being able to visit web sites that require numbers as an address is though. The Opera is a good ten times faster on my phone than BB's web browser and I'd love to use it as my primary. However, if it can't type numbers, its useless to me. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
    04-17-09 01:28 PM
    I like how after searching for the answer, It puts my post directly under the answer to my question. Makes me look like a genius. Thanks catbertz for the help though. Even if it was 16 hrs. before I asked the question. Ha ha ha.
    04-17-09 01:32 PM
    Dl'ed OM today, as soon as I did started seeing major lag with everything.. Uninstalled immediately. Its a shame too, because it is a TON faster than bb browser
    07-07-09 04:00 PM
    Dl'ed OM today, as soon as I did started seeing major lag with everything.. Uninstalled immediately. Its a shame too, because it is a TON faster than bb browser
    The two things had nothing to do with each other.

But, thanks for sharing (LOL)!
    07-07-09 04:05 PM
    just wondering

does the keyboard always stay up?

i just installed OM 4.2, storm OS 151, uncheck auto complete and save, exit, reopen, and still keyboard on half the screen.....

help?
    07-22-09 08:29 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD