I had installed opera mini on my old 8350i, and transferred it to my 8330. Now everytime i open it it says its trying to access a low level network connection. What does that mean? I have full signal.
    07-23-09 09:35 AM
    I think we all share in that annoyance. Not sure what it actually means.
    07-23-09 09:45 AM
    I means the program is trying to access a low level programming call. Low level programming generally refers to programming that can directly access hardware features. Generally, it will work faster but requires your input if the program is allowed to access the hardware (as a security measure).
    07-23-09 11:10 PM
    I changed a firewall setting and got rid of it. I found the solution to that problem in another thread on here.
    07-24-09 06:19 PM
    can you post the link to the thread that showed you how to resolve?
    07-24-09 09:13 PM
    I believe this was the post.

Swavek
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 9000 (Bold)
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular Join Date: May 2009
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Thanks Scottb! That worked like a charm on my Bold. I enabled the firewall than fired up Opera Mini. I was prompted to allow opera permission to use a low level network socket connection. I checked both boxes "...don't ask me again" or something like that. Then I clicked on OK.
    07-25-09 07:53 AM
    Thinking about giving Opera Mini a try... Do ya'll prefer OM over the native browser? If so, why? IYO, what makes OM so great?
    07-29-09 08:54 PM
    So nobody? lol
    07-30-09 07:27 AM
    I prefer Opera Mini. Its a little faster and the UI is better. My favorite feature is ability to sync bookmarks with your desktop.
    07-30-09 08:12 AM
    i use OM and love it...i don't like the BB browser and so i downloaded OM and find that it is much faster and much more user friendly
    =)
    07-30-09 08:14 AM
    Thinking about giving Opera Mini a try... Do ya'll prefer OM over the native browser? If so, why? IYO, what makes OM so great?
    I use both depending on the website I wanna go to . This forum has a mobile site that is super easy to use with the native browser. The car forum I frequent is best used with opera mini. They both have attribiutes that I like so I use em both.
    07-30-09 08:43 AM
    I prefer Opera Mini. Its a little faster and the UI is better. My favorite feature is ability to sync bookmarks with your desktop.
    How do you do that? Thats sounds cool.
    07-30-09 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies folks. Opera Mini, here I come... Worth a shot anyway, right?
    07-30-09 08:44 AM
    I don't like the way the BB browser mangles web pages, OM does a much better job. I've heard Bolt works well too.
    07-30-09 09:27 AM
    I use OM too...I don't like the BB browser either. I Find that the OM is much faster and much more user friendly..

=)
    07-30-09 04:18 PM
    I use the default, Opera, and Bolt browsers... each has their own advantages. As for the prompt at the start of opera mini.... once every time I start the app isn't that annoying.
    07-30-09 04:29 PM
    It's ok so far... Jury is still out!
    07-30-09 04:33 PM
    How do you do that? Thats sounds cool.
    First you have to install Opera Desktop browser. Create an Opera Link ID at my.opera.com. From that point on any bookmarks you create on either the desktop or Opera Mini will sync with each other.

If you don't want to use Opera Desktop browser, Mini will still sync bookmarks to Opera Link giving you access to them from a PC and providing back up in case you reinstall Opera Mini.
    07-30-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD