Check out my review of Opera Mini 5 beta for the Blackberry at connectedcommuter.com/tech-reviews/opera-mini-5-beta-for-blackberry-review

This browser is awesome. Definitely worth the download.
    09-22-09 11:30 PM
    I was gonna post a new topic for a review but might as well just make it a reply here:
    Pros:
    Multi-Tabbed Browsing
    Main Screen allows you to set 9 bookmark thumbnails, pretty cool
    Seems faster at loading heavier sites than the native browser
    UI is very fluid and smooth

Cons:
    Some of the interactions that you get with the native browser are missing, such as sending and/or copying link addresses and also when you open in browser from 3rd party apps, there's no choice but to open the native browser. Not sure if this is a fault of the 3rd party app or Opera however
    Sometimes images don't load correctly, rendering only a block graphic where the pic would be
    Pressing the back button does not hide the browser
    Was never a fan of the keyboard shortcut system with Opera, shortcuts in the native browser such as T for top, B for bottom and G for go to url are much more natural and easier to remember
    Cursor sensitivity is kinda slow, stiff however you wanna put it
    Oddly enough, sometimes the last letter of a word or link name or field text is randomly missing, anyone else notice this?
    In Memopad, if selecting a link, it will only open in Opera now

I definitely like Opera 5 more than I did 4, but the basic functionality of it takes away from the speed and smoothness. If you combine the functionality, inuitiveness and native integration of the native BB browser with the speed and slick ui of Opera Mini, we'd have a winner. What's the word on that webkit browser developer RIM acquired?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 12:44 AM
    "Oddly enough, sometimes the last letter of a word or link name or field text is randomly missing, anyone else notice this"

Same here.

Give us youtube and the power to not have Opera as the default browser for opening links and you have a winner!

PLEASE!
    09-23-09 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD