working fine for me on 191.. heres a fun fact though
    Go into OPTIONS and turn on VIRTUAL KEYBOARD.. you dont have to click the screen anymore.. kinda neat.. i guess
    09-16-09 03:05 AM
    OM5 seems to work just fine on my Storm. UI is smooth and works well.

I think i get a hint of flick browsing too!

Blackberry button isn't working tough. One click gives me a cursor, and the second removes it and does nothing.

A lot faster than BB Browser!

Navigation buttons a bit unresponsive.

Overall, very nice, much better than BB Browser, worth the download.
    09-16-09 03:10 AM
    Ok, this has a lot of potential if they don't give up on us again like the last time. So far I like the UI, speed, tool bar, tabs, kind of flicky on the scrolling but It definitely wasn't made with the storm in mind. The blackberry button doesn't work at all and the back button will only take you as far as the start page but won't exit out of the app so a BP is needed to close the program unless someone found a way. You can't grab the scroll bar on the side to rapid scroll like on 4.2 and regular scrolling moves very slow. Still can't select text on a page and wouldn't be able to copy even if you could because of the non working BB button. It has a find in page search which is nice.
    So far I would say for us storm users that it is pretty much unusable for now and to stick with 4.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tap and hold your finger on the screen until you get the "select text" prompt

09-16-09 03:10 AM
    I love the Opera so far after reboot I got the touch to zoom function working... the biigest plus for me is that the speed is amazing compared to the BB browser. For example the Crackberry main pages loads completely in 22 seconds as opposed to 1min 58sec with the BB browser. HUGE difference...
    09-16-09 03:16 AM
    editing the text box on these forums for a quick reply causes the backspace key to continuously delete your text until you interrupt it with another keystroke

09-16-09 03:18 AM
    No go for me. home page wont load. program freezes. have to do a battpull to close program. really wanted this to work, like using 4.2 alot.
    09-16-09 03:40 AM
    chuckz28, if you tap the options button on the bottom right of the browser you can then select exit. I find this to be really nice. I have only played with it for a bit but the UI is great and this is insanely fast.

Stormski, I got the same hints you did although I wasnt sure if it was my berryscroll app just working slowly. But I guess they did incorporate some (minor) flick scrolling.

The copy paste feature might not be possible here but thats what we have out native BB browser for!! Now browser should be more functional and feature friendly then the one designed for BB by RIM. However, RIM is doing a GREAT job at letting competitors get close. Hopefully we can see the acquisition of torch come into play before 2020.
    09-16-09 03:52 AM
    Running spectacular on .167 right from the start. Opened OM5 and was immediately impressed with new UI and layout. Went to m.yahoo.com/fantasy to check out my Fantasy Football League. Was able to enter login ID and password very easily compared to some typing problems I found on certain sites with OM 4.2 ...

And then I hit submit and was amazed. The web page loaded virtually instantly, graphics and all. I couldn't believe how fast it was so I continued to move around the site changing to different pages and it just is soooo fast compared to BB browser.

I'm still playing with it and haven't gotten into the settings all that much yet. Another nice touch was, as I closed out of the Yahoo Fantasy page it prompted me if I wanted to save my login ID and password for future use.... very nice touch.
    09-16-09 04:04 AM
    Nice...
    thank you man!!
    09-16-09 04:16 AM
    opened the new Opera on my BB 8900 with OS 5.0.0.190 and it just says "No working network connection detected". anyone got the same problem? I'm connected on WiFi w/o data plan. I use Opera Mini, the old version, with this kind of setting and it works. I don't know what's the problem with the Opera beta.
    09-16-09 04:50 AM
    nevermind got it to load TOS..... So 9530 on .191 what could be making me not able to get a landscape mode? Any settings I could check that I havent thought of?

I put this in the wrong thread man there are 200 dang Opera 5 threads!!!!!
    09-16-09 04:54 AM
    didnt load for me at first but got to load very sweet the download as to say blackberry in it
    09-16-09 05:05 AM
    this so my new browser!!!!! thank you opera RIM is taking too long with anything else
    09-16-09 05:13 AM
    there is a lot to look forward here . Im liking this version more and more. there is a bit of sluggishnesswhen scrollong pages butits not unbearable i guess ifu were reading a huge article ot could be tiresome. took me a while to figire out that the exit button was under otions.I love the tabbedbrowsing. takes a little getting used to but overall its nice. im running 47.167 and havent had any problems.

09-16-09 05:31 AM
    OMG OPERA 5 BETA IS SICK!!!!!!!!!! HOLY **** THIS IS THE BEST BROWSER IVE EVER USED!!!!!! DAMN EVERYBODY GET iT ASAP!!! WILL CHaNGE YOUR LIFE........forever..
    09-16-09 05:43 AM
    OMG OPERA 5 BETA IS SICK!!!!!!!!!! HOLY **** THIS IS THE BEST BROWSER IVE EVER USED!!!!!! DAMN EVERYBODY GET iT ASAP!!! WILL CHaNGE YOUR LIFE........forever..
    overkill much? Its nice but nothing earth shattering
    09-16-09 05:48 AM
    For who cant Opera 5 get work..

Go to Settings>Advantage Options>TCP/IP
    *Enable APN Settings and enter your carriers APN Name
    *Enable APN Authentication and enter yout carriers APN Pass

Opera freezes at start because it cant get data over BIS. This will help, at least it worked for me..
    09-16-09 05:51 AM
    doesn't work for me ... It can't connect to my network during setup
    I'am connect on WIFI and opera 4.2 work perfectly
    it says "No working network connection detected"
    09-16-09 06:22 AM
    it is working great for me although while typing this message i noticed that if you hit the back arrow to delete a letter it erases the whole message will send that bug report in

09-16-09 06:28 AM
    I'm having quite a few issues in my 9500 .173.

When I type a URL unto the address bar, I hit return and nothing happens. The only pages I can get to are bbc and wikipedia because they were in the default bookmarks.

I had to change the connection from socket to http and that seems to let me browse the bbc.

Anyone know how I can get it to accept URL I type into the address bar? I've batpulled twice and checked permissions.

09-16-09 06:31 AM
    For who cant Opera 5 get work..

Go to Settings>Advantage Options>TCP/IP
    *Enable APN Settings and enter your carriers APN Name
    *Enable APN Authentication and enter yout carriers APN Pass

Opera freezes at start because it cant get data over BIS. This will help, at least it worked for me..

Does anyone know the APN infor for Verizon?
    09-16-09 06:34 AM
    Does anyone know the APN infor for Verizon?
    Try that..

APN (Access Point Name): Verizon 1
    Login: (default is blank)
    Password: (default is blank)
    09-16-09 07:00 AM
    I can't seem to interact with the screen in 191. Hitting the BB button expands the title bar but I can't tap any options. Do I have to use compatibility mode?

09-16-09 07:05 AM
    The BB Browser has it's advantages but for someone wanting a fuller web browser experience on a BB then this looks impressive.

Works on .148!
    09-16-09 07:22 AM
    Try that..

APN (Access Point Name): Verizon 1
    Login: (default is blank)
    Password: (default is blank)
    Thanks for the infor.
    09-16-09 07:23 AM
471 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD