First off, I'm sorry if this has been asked before and Secondly, I did not know where to post it seeing that the Storm 2 pages don't have sub-sections like the awesome Storm 1 pages ...but anyways how do you enter a web address in on opera mini 5. I put the address in and hit the enter button and I get nothing. I am just now tinkering with Opera 5 as I am an insanely heavy user of Opera 4.2...Sorry I made this so long and appreciate the feedback.
    11-22-09 04:01 PM
    It's best to use the virtual keyboard with Opera Mini 5. Tap the wrench, go into setings (the gear icon), Advanced. And turn on vitual keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 04:14 PM
    Oh that thing...eww...i might have to stick to 4.2 until they get their stuff together. BTW, I just tried to go nfl.com with the virtual keyboard and still nothing happened.
    Last edited by mtva24; 11-22-09 at 04:32 PM.
    11-22-09 04:29 PM
    LOL. The normal keyboard doesn't play well. The virtual keyboard is okay, the biggest plus over 4.2 is tabbed browsing IMO. With any luck, they will improve it for the final. I do use it though, its easy to read, but often prefer the BB browser over either 5.0 or 4.2

11-22-09 04:38 PM
    The normal keyboard is okay as long as you don't backspace (it deletes everything on address line). I think someone wrote up what settings to turn on and off to have successful browsing with Opera 5. I think it's in the Storm 1 forums. Unfortunately, I don't have a link for you.
    11-22-09 04:44 PM
    no to fix the backspace problem you have to hit settings-> advanced settings-> turn off inline editing
    11-22-09 04:47 PM
    LOL. The normal keyboard doesn't play well. The virtual keyboard is okay, the biggest plus over 4.2 is tabbed browsing IMO. With any luck, they will improve it for the final. I do use it though, its easy to read, but often prefer the BB browser over either 5.0 or 4.2

I don't know how you use the bb browser, it really is a POS. Wi-fi can't even save that browser. Opera 4.2 is by far the best...I downloaded bolt and opera 5.0 today because I was bored. 5.0 was working fine then all of the sudden it stopped letting me switch webpages I don't like Bolt at all either, there is too much and too little going on with that browser. I guess 4.2 remains G.O.A.T. on the BB Storms 1 & 2
    11-22-09 04:50 PM
    hey guys...i just gave it an ol' delete and reinstall and i got things working again...mods you can go ahead and close this thread.
    11-22-09 05:19 PM
    I don't know how you use the bb browser, it really is a POS. Wi-fi can't even save that browser. Opera 4.2 is by far the best...I downloaded bolt and opera 5.0 today because I was bored. 5.0 was working fine then all of the sudden it stopped letting me switch webpages I don't like Bolt at all either, there is too much and too little going on with that browser. I guess 4.2 remains G.O.A.T. on the BB Storms 1 & 2
    My biggest issue with the native browser is that I can't see the frackin' thing until it is zoomed in a couple/three times. Although many sites I normally visit on it have mobile versions, so they load quickly enough for me. If viewing a site that is not mobile friendly, I will tend to use Opera. Or if I'm going to a site where I am concerned about security, I will also use the native browser as it is not a server-side browser as Opera is, it's a client side browser. There's a reason why Opera is so much faster , either on a BB or a PC.

11-22-09 05:32 PM
    In Opera 4.2, do you have to hit "show keyboard" every time you want to type a web address in the browser? I like 4.2 better than 5.0, but the keyboard never popped up whenever I wanted to type in a web address like it does in 5.0. Anyone know what it is i'm doing wrong? Or is that the way it's suppose to work?
    11-22-09 06:17 PM
    In Opera 4.2, do you have to hit "show keyboard" every time you want to type a web address in the browser? I like 4.2 better than 5.0, but the keyboard never popped up whenever I wanted to type in a web address like it does in 5.0. Anyone know what it is i'm doing wrong? Or is that the way it's suppose to work?
    na boss, hit the bb button ->Settings -> Uncheck Auto-Complete address input, then you will be well on your way
    11-22-09 06:20 PM
    na boss, hit the bb button ->Settings -> Uncheck Auto-Complete address input, then you will be well on your way
    Thanks Mtva24!
    11-22-09 06:52 PM
    Thanks Mtva24!
    No prob...opera is >>>> when you know how to use it...
    11-22-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD