Once I got my Bookmarks and Start Page sorted out using the Opera Link, everything fell into place. I am very happy with this browser: fast, responsive and easy to use.
    Typing is still a problem, as it was in OM5b2.
    03-27-10 12:14 AM
    In the new version they definitely slowed down the cursor acceleration. This is a good thing. It makes it much more usable. A positive byproduct of this is that when editing text in a text field, you can once again select individual characters rather than skipping 4 or 5 characters at a time.

This was the biggest bug in the initial 5.0 final release. They fixed it...I'm happy.

They still haven't fixed the problem where after typing in a text field to post in a forum, after clicking "Post Reply" your post disappears and it just reloads the page. So, I still have to make sure to copy what I just typed so that I can paste it into a repost.

This is irritating, but I put up with it for the privilege of using the best browser hands down for the bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Weird how it must affect each device differently, have never had this happen on mine, but use a Storm 2 and not a trackball device, wonder if that's the reason, I dunno, I mean I post from Opera quite frequently and have never seen it do this. Weird, weird, weird.
    03-27-10 06:04 AM
    They still haven't fixed the problem where after typing in a text field to post in a forum, after clicking "Post Reply" your post disappears and it just reloads the page

That is what happens on my 9530 as well. Besides typing in a field such as in the above example, I think v.5 is great.
    03-27-10 09:03 AM
    They still haven't fixed the problem where after typing in a text field to post in a forum, after clicking "Post Reply" your post disappears and it just reloads the page

That is what happens on my 9530 as well. Besides typing in a field such as in the above example, I think v.5 is great.
    This has been acknowledged by the Opera team finally as being a widespread universal problem happening on all devices. It is caused by their server, not the individual application versions. Some suffer more than others due to use styles, connectivity method, and various setting differences. It is hoped that a server upgrade in the future will fix it.
    03-27-10 03:11 PM
    If you guys downloaded opera 5 and noticed the unbearably small font, then you should check this out.

Opera released a new build for the blackberry opera mini that fixes the font and mouse jerkiness. compare builds or check out the opera forums. its for real

Just go to m.opera.com and download opera mini 5 again
    Thanks for that; I was terribly irked by the tiny fonts in the first release. Now I can surf the web while driving again!
    03-28-10 04:26 AM
    I reinstalled it and the OP is correct. They seemed to fix some problems.

I still have download problem when downloading file using operamini 5 and my 9700/5.0.0.321 ....

03-28-10 04:57 AM
    You have to use the native BB browser.

03-28-10 07:34 AM
    Thanks for that; I was terribly irked by the tiny fonts in the first release. Now I can surf the web while driving again!
    Too funny and hope that was a little sarcasm
    03-28-10 07:47 AM
    Ughh I downloading .82 version and I still froze.
    03-30-10 08:48 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD