I didnt like it. Everything was so mall. I went back to the old stable version and ill probably get it when it comes out of beta. I dont know I just feel the BB browser is just easier to use.

Settings, Font Size, voila...
    11-05-09 11:00 PM
    how much faster is this then the normal bb browser, and when will torch come out summer?
    11-05-09 11:48 PM
    Weird.. I'm getting the same thing.

Open it up, and all I get is a white screen with a red bar at the top that says Opera Mini 5 Beta..

*Edit - just saw one of the above posts that says to reboot after install.
    I have the same issue, multiple reboots and reinstalls do not help at all. can run 4 but not 5
    11-06-09 01:10 AM
    I like Opera Mini Beta 5, but there are still some small problems. I'll wait until it released from Beta and then try it again.
    11-06-09 08:39 AM
    how much faster is this then the normal bb browser, and when will torch come out summer?
    BB Browser is a Geo Metro while the Opera Mini is a Ferrari Enzo.

To drive the point home, download, install, reboot Opera 5 Mini...use the BB browser to load the crackberry site (not the mobile one)....then do it in Opera 5.

Plus Opera 5 has tabbed browsing.

Has for BB's new browser...we all know how good RIM is with meeting deadlines.
    11-06-09 09:25 AM
    Meh 5 isnt working for me. Im going to try 4.2 instead.
    11-06-09 10:17 AM
    Opera 5 is fast but its still buggy. I wasn't crazy about the keyboard and typing. Ill stick with the native browser for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:23 AM
    Downloading now.

Has anyone noticed whether or not Opera uses more battery than the regular BB browser?

Coming from a WinMo phone, I am haunted by memories of beautiful lightening fast internet via the SkyFire browser only to have my fully charged phone die 20 minutes later.
    11-06-09 10:31 AM
    where do you download this from?
    11-06-09 10:37 AM
    Opera 5 is fast but its still buggy. I wasn't crazy about the keyboard and typing. Ill stick with the native browser for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I finally got it working. I didnt like the keyboarding and it opened windows I didnt want it to open by touch. I might try bolt instead or stick with native. I hope rim takes their head out of there but and fix it.
    11-06-09 10:46 AM
    Is there anyway to disable touching a link and it automatically opens that site or goes to that page. I like opera, I hate that touching a link and it goes to that page. Maybe clicking it like the native browser. I need help here. Also is there a way to tab. For instance, Im trying to put my user and pass in crackberry and everytime i put my username in it automatically tries to load without me putting in my password.
    11-06-09 12:03 PM
    where do you download this from?
    http://operamini.com/
    11-06-09 12:17 PM
    Does anyone know when the Torch Mobile browser will be released?
    11-06-09 05:11 PM
    Is there anyway to disable touching a link and it automatically opens that site or goes to that page. I like opera, I hate that touching a link and it goes to that page. Maybe clicking it like the native browser. I need help here. Also is there a way to tab. For instance, Im trying to put my user and pass in crackberry and everytime i put my username in it automatically tries to load without me putting in my password.
    What I do if I accidentally hit the wrong link is just hold down and swipe up or down and it will usually just scroll the page instead of clicking the link.

Also, swipe down on your keyboard to hide it and click the password box to enter your password (instead of hitting enter on the keyboard)

HTH
    11-06-09 05:19 PM
    I could not get opera 5 to work so I'm using 4.2. It is also 10 times better than the bb browser. Is there some kind of trick to get the opera 5 to cooperate with the storm 2. I've tried the re install with all the battery pulls and all I get is the screen loading but everything is unresponsive.
    11-06-09 06:23 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD