anybody know how to change a favorite in the main screen. I added a link that does not work and now I'm at a loss as to how to delete it and replace it with another link
    Highlight the thumbnail you wish to change, hold the trackball in or press 1, a pop-up menu with the option to delete or edit it, will appear..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 12:39 AM
    awesome! thx
    09-18-09 12:40 AM
    Here's a thread dedicated to what you call "flaming and trolling" your precious little Opera: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...-about-316898/

Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't sugarcoat it. Too bad, deal with it.
    Funny how most people there manage to be civil and constructive about it. Thanks for proving my point, buddy!

Again, there's a difference between constructive criticism and outright flaming and trolling.

I realize by now that you are a huge Bolt fan, and perceive Opera Mini 5 as a threat to Bolt. That's fine. At least you eventually started being honest about it
    09-18-09 01:45 AM
    I'm not the one who says they are flaming or trolling
    No one said that they were flaming or trolling. We said that you are. How many times do I have to point out that there's a difference between constructive criticism and reporting problems politely, and basically trashing something and rejecting it out of hand because you are a fan of a different and competing product?

this Opera flop
    No trolling/flaming at all here
    09-18-09 01:48 AM
    How many times have I said: tough, deal with it. Well, deal with it.

Sorry I pee'd all over your Opera lovefest and called a spade a spade. Maybe someday you'll be more objective and do the same and stop being a fraud.
    09-18-09 07:28 AM
    How many times have I said: tough, deal with it. Well, deal with it.
    There's no reason to deal with flaming and trolling. It's interesting most people are able to express their opinion and still be polite and constructive.

Sorry I pee'd all over your Opera lovefest and called a spade a spade. Maybe someday you'll be more objective and do the same and stop being a fraud.
    We know by now that you are a Bolt fanboy. So you did not call a spade a spade. You called it something else, and are now claiming that you called it a spade. But everyone else begs to differ.
    09-18-09 04:14 PM
    Ah, no. Wrong again.

I am not loyal to Bolt, as I said earlier. What I did say, however, is that Bolt's beta was much further ahead than Opera when it was released and I do use Bolt on occasion depending on the need because it performs a function that the BB browser cannot.

I, just like everyone else, is looking for the best option available. If Opera comes out with a revised product that functions better than the native BB browser or Bolt's browser I will gladly say so and most likely use it. But what I will not do is heap undue praise upon something that does not deserve it. Opera does not deserve it.

Now take your Opera and go play outside with the rest of the kids.
    Last edited by Cowchip; 09-18-09 at 08:56 PM.
    09-18-09 08:50 PM
    Ah, no. Wrong again.

I am not loyal to Bolt, as I said earlier. What I did say, however, is that Bolt's beta was much further ahead than Opera when it was released and I do use Bolt on occasion depending on the need because it performs a function that the BB browser cannot.

I, just like everyone else, is looking for the best option available. If Opera comes out with a revised product that functions better than the native BB browser or Bolt's browser I will gladly say so and most likely use it. But what I will not do is heap undue praise upon something that does not deserve it. Opera does not deserve it.

Now take your Opera and go play outside with the rest of the kids.
    I may be new to BB and CB, but your reply deserves my response, you see life goes like this.... I once was acquainted with a person who had relied on the charity of some good-willed people to survive, and in their endeavours to help this person they would hand-out second-hand clothing to him, however, he would choose for himself which items he wanted and rejected the rest, this because he either did not like the colour or style of the garment. Call me stupid, but, in my world, when something is given to you for free, one must do one of two things, namely; either decline the offer respectively or accept it gracefully. In the case of my illustrated guy, he declined disrespectfully, sited reasons, in my opinion, that were preposterous disrespectful. Now, in the case of Mr Cow, I somehow, have been drawn to notice the parallels between my story and yours, in that, you allude to the fact that 'opera does not deserve', I find that poignantly similar in attitude to my charity case guy. Nobody can force their will on you, I know that, but, at least show some respect when you delete 'opera' off of your BB, because despite what you may think, the intentions of 'opera' are well and good and I would like to believe that there is a human being behind that red capital 'O', who had spent many hours programming this product for your free consumption, and he/her surely doesn't 'deserve' your reckless input!! So, please do me a favour, delete opera, keep your mouth closed and move on, I nor other users wish to be tainted with the same disrespectful brush.... Yes, Opera mini 5, has is quirky problems, but at least I have the common decency to realise that it's a beta release, and if you look back at my previous posts, you will notice that I gave it kudos where due and highlighted the beta problems. This, my friend, is how humility works, give it a try, after all, you deserve it.........not!!!

09-19-09 12:28 AM
    @Cowchip, your rose-tinted glasses compel you to forget the flaws in the first beta of your favorite browser, Bolt.

There's a difference between undue praise and blatant trolling and flaming. Look at how everyone else is able to post about problems without trolling. Doesn't that tell you something?
    09-19-09 07:13 AM
    I see on the other thread (where others are deleting their Opera too) you are quick to call them "flaming and trolling" as well just because they don't like your precious little Opera. That's pretty weak.

Do you work for Opera or something? Just because someone doesn't like the same thing you do doesn't mean you have to poo-poo their opinion.

As for the guy behind that red capital 'O', if he worked for me and this was the result, he'd be fired. I guess when the product is free they can push out sub-quality work and really not feel all that guilty about it, knowing there are people such as yourself that will settle for mediocrity. More power to them I suppose.
    09-19-09 04:07 PM
    these are web browsers, get over yourselves...
    09-19-09 06:08 PM
    Opera 5 - does not support youtube vids????!!

Anyone else have this problem?
    09-19-09 06:13 PM
    with this beta you can't synchronise your bookmarks with opera's web site.
    Here's a handy tip, if not already discussed.

1) Navigate to my.opera.com and log-in
    2) Go to OPERA LINKS and select BOOKMARKS, you will see all your mobile and desktop bookmarks saved here.
    3) From your phone browser save this page as a bookmark, and assign a speed-dial.

That's it, now you have easier access to all your saved
    opera bookmarks, both mobile and desktop.

Last edited by xeslaro; 09-20-09 at 02:16 AM.
    09-20-09 02:13 AM
    Opera 5 - does not support youtube vids????!!

Anyone else have this problem?
    Your not the only one no worries :P
    09-20-09 09:41 AM
    I see on the other thread (where others are deleting their Opera too) you are quick to call them "flaming and trolling" as well just because they don't like your precious little Opera.
    No, I've said that one other guy's comments seemed like trolling. As opposed to your blatant trolling. Again, just about everyone else seems to be able to talk about it just fine without trolling. But you are a Bolt fan, and OM5 apparently feels threatening to you or something.
    09-20-09 10:14 AM
    I wish Opera Mini V5.0 had the ability to play Mafia Wars on the Space like Bolt does! Also, has anyone else experienced when you are deleting words it starts doing it automatically and erases almost everything you typed? Not to mention it doesn't auto cap the first letter at the begining of a sentence and not all the radio buttons on sites work like they're suppossed to? I've encountered this on MySpace and CB. Anyone else with similar issues, I know it's still in beta form but so is Bolt and it's worked pretty good. If Opera 5 didn't look so good I'd switch back but these lil bugs here and there can get annoying!...that is all...

09-29-09 11:09 PM
    I really dig Opera, im writing this from my BB while using Opera 5. Is the best browser for BB as of yet, IMHO.
    09-29-09 11:39 PM
    I like what I see from Opera Mini 5 beta, but no images are loading on the thing. I have Load Images set to 'ON' and quality high, but all images are just a colored rectangle. Anyone else have this issue?

never mind--reset fixed it
    Last edited by Neek555; 10-17-09 at 05:10 PM.
    10-17-09 05:04 PM
    A Bold 9000 user on AT&T, I have downloaded Opera Mini 5 beta, I run it concurrently with 4.2 as well as Bolt 1.5 (full-blown version). I think it renders pages much better than 4.2, that said, here are the quirks I've noticed

(1) With more sites than with 4.2, it will not render then "fit to page" thus you have no way at all to zoom-out and use the navigator square to find a general spot on the page to jump to. Some sites it will "fit to page" but there are some with 4.2 would do this with that 5 beta will not--and there's no way to force it to.

That said, it still renders sites better overall

(2) No way to copy-paste the URL.

(3) It sometimes trunctuates the last character in a sentence (or form entry) for display purposes. When I was filling out a form where it asked for my name, plain as day I typed "Larry" but then it displayed it as "Larr"--but when I re-highlighted the form it was in fact "Larry"

(3) I have tried everyway I know how to close a tab, but I can't get it to do it for the life of me.

Now for the praises

(1) Love the idea of tabbed browsing, even though I've yet to figure out how to close tabs

(2) The ability to highlight text then copy-paste is very helpful, and does work--I can highlight text and copy-paste into Memopad all day long

(3) Again, overall it renders sites much more "true"
    10-23-09 03:25 PM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD