After installing Operan Mini 5 beta on my Bold, I started getting some links in the emails I receive opening using Opera (some others are still opening automatically in BB Internet Browser!!)

I gave it some testing and it seems that links in emails from specific senders are opening in Opera mini only!

I tried all browser options / advanced settings | Browser, etc. but nowhere I can see anything that implies changing the default browser!

What's happening here?

I have OS 4.6.0.297 installed on my Bold (the old release not the re-release from Sep 23)
    09-24-09 11:48 AM
    I am having this same issue. Every link I have gotten in a text message only is able to be open in opera mini. I am deleting opera mini for now to get rid of this. It takes much longer to open the links and get to the page I want. I too look in every setting and it still says that web browser is my default browser.

I have a 8330 with the newest official release from sprint. 4.5
    09-24-09 12:17 PM
    Same happening to my bold ! Help to explain that !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 12:23 PM
    the way around this is to highlight the link - copy - then close your mail or text. Open your BB browser ans paste the link in the address bar then press enter or send to open the link. I kept Opera because of the quick response I get with it. The auto thing was killing me also, but this was a great compromise for me. Hope it works for you all!
    09-24-09 12:46 PM
    PS remember that Opers 5 is a BETA - hence there will be issues with it - still a great browser IMO
    09-24-09 12:48 PM
    Once you DL the O-mini beta 5, it will turn into default browser. You have to delete the O-mini, to make the bb browser as default. this goes to all bb models.

my suggestion: just copy the link, then paste the link to bb browser.
    09-24-09 12:49 PM
    Its the default browser for everything except for links in emails. I really like Opera being the default, I can actually open pages in USA Today! The only problem is that OTA download links do not work in Opera Mini 5.
    09-24-09 03:42 PM
    That's amazing! I hate bb browser, even 5

09-24-09 04:55 PM
    the way around this is to highlight the link - copy - then close your mail or text. Open your BB browser ans paste the link in the address bar then press enter or send to open the link. I kept Opera because of the quick response I get with it. The auto thing was killing me also, but this was a great compromise for me. Hope it works for you all!
    I thought that this would be the answer also but every time that I've tried to do this, I get back a "No results were found" page in the default browser. I've tried it with several different pages on different days and it's never worked. Have you tried doing this, if you have, and its worked, give me a clue on how to do it. Tried to do it with Bolt browser also but I didn't see a paste option in the menu.
    09-24-09 05:52 PM
    Only major problem this really poses is when the link you have is for a download. Then you got to do the copy and paste over to the BB browser.

09-24-09 06:24 PM
    Anyone knows how to manually change the default browser? I like Opera but to enforce itself to be the default browser (without asking) reminds me of Microsoft!

If Opera can force its browser to be teh default one on BB then I'm sure there is an option or "tweek" to enable users to select the default browser. I found many earlier posts on this forum claiming that only BB can be teh default internet browser. but teh fact that Opera managed to change this means that the new OSs have such a feature.

Any idea anyone?
    09-24-09 07:31 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I have deleted mini opera and cleared the cache, cookies, etc., but still cannot get ota to work (I get the ''907 invalid cod' message whenever I try). I didn't have this problem before mini opera. I had also tried copying the web address, closing mini opera, opening the bb browser, pasting the address and downloading-got same error message. Any ideas? I have a tour and am using .230 os.

Thanks!
    09-25-09 10:52 PM
    Yeah man, in my email accounts, if I click on the link it doesn't give me an option to "Get Link" it just says open in Opera Mini... WTF!? lol I am tired of copying an pasting links into my bb browser just so I can download an app!

One interesting thing i have noticed is that links in emails in my email accounts that are utilizing the new Gmail enhanced plugin work just fine and do not try to make me use Opera Mini
    09-25-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD